Priority packages Suite guests

Juia49

On P&O's website advice section, the question 'Can I dine in my Suite?' mentions Room Service charges in the reply.

Have any Suite passengers been charged since the new Room Service menu has been in place?

It may not be in place yet! It was due to be launched on our cruise on Aurora (13th May), but we still had the old room service menu. When I queried it at reception, I was told that the new menu had been delayed and the 'free' menu was still in place. Interestingly, we ordered chargeable items from room service one day (only) but didn't get charged for them - and we weren't in a suite this time. All very confusing!

On P&O's website advice section, the question 'Can I dine in my Suite?' mentions Room Service charges in the reply.

Have any Suite passengers been charged since the new Room Service menu has been in place?

Great question. We're on Arcadia in one on 2nd July and would love to know as well.

Hopefully someone will answer.

It may not be in place yet! It was due to be launched on our cruise on Aurora (13th May), but we still had the old room service menu. When I queried it at reception, I was told that the new menu had been delayed and the 'free' menu was still in place. Interestingly, we ordered chargeable items from room service one day (only) but didn't get charged for them - and we weren't in a suite this time. All very confusing!

We ordered smoked salmon, which used to be chargeable even on the old "free" menu, three times - without charge (also not in a suite). Since there has always been a charge for some items, why P&O find it so difficult to introduce a charge for (almost) everything - and hence delay it - I don't know.

• 1 month later...
Has the new Room Service menu materialised on all ships now?

We are in a suite on Oceana in late September and would like to know if we will be charged for all room service meals apart from breakfast.

You order through the Butler, you do not pay any extra.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Has the new Room Service menu materialised on all ships now?

We are in a suite on Oceana in late September and would like to know if we will be charged for all room service meals apart from breakfast.

When we were on Arcadia recently the Room Service menu was the new one. Our Butler (who we have met before) said '"Leave it to me." The implication being if ordered through him there would be no charge. We never actually did, so do not have any proof of this.

My suggestion would be to speak to your Butler on Embarkation day.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Dai is right, what confuses the system is when suites order through room service not the Butler, but if you are accidentally charged they just take it off if you ask.

For us this is a valued perk as I sometimes just want a fruit platter or something in the cabin.

I'm really looking forward to our cruise now especially as it's on Britannia as we've never had a suite on her and I like the look of the layout #tooexcited

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm really looking forward to our cruise now especially as it's on Britannia as we've never had a suite on her and I like the look of the layout #tooexcited

Hi Florry,

Where's your cabin on Britannia? We've had a couple - one on the side and one overlooking the wake on B Deck in the middle. They had the same layout, but the balcony at the back was huge compared to the one on the side. The bathroom is gorgeous by the way!

Hi Florry,

Where's your cabin on Britannia? We've had a couple - one on the side and one overlooking the wake on B Deck in the middle. They had the same layout, but the balcony at the back was huge compared to the one on the side. The bathroom is gorgeous by the way!

Hi CP, it's E743, so and aft-wrap but I can't recall now if it's port or starboard - it's whichever isn't the smoking side [emoji876]

Hi CP, it's E743, so and aft-wrap but I can't recall now if it's port or starboard - it's whichever isn't the smoking side [emoji876]

We're in E743 for the Caribbean TA in October! Can't wait :D

Have though made a note of the room service thing. Free room service could be very handy on a night we don't fancy the MDR menu.

Sorry if this is going off topic. But how much notice should you give the Butler for in suite dining(from MDR menu)?

Edited by chris11256
Added to post.

Ah,think you'll have a different layout then, but from what I understand it may be better. :)

We're in E743 for the Caribbean TA in October! Can't wait :D

Have though made a note of the room service thing. Free room service could be very handy on a night we don't fancy the MDR menu.

Sorry if this is going off topic. But how much notice should you give the Butler for in suite dining(from MDR menu)?

So are you in the suite directly after us, we disembark on 13th Oct I think?

I would think if you could let the Butler know by lunchtime it would help them. But you can order room service anytime, in my experience the room service food is much nicer than the MDR food which doesn't seem to 'travel' quite so well from the galley.

There was a video of this suite on You Tube but it seems to have disappeared, there are some on FB. It looks good and someone here posted that the configuration of the corner suites on this deck was in their opinion the best (if you look at aft photos they don't all have doors in the same places).

So are you in the suite directly after us, we disembark on 13th Oct I think?

I would think if you could let the Butler know by lunchtime it would help them. But you can order room service anytime, in my experience the room service food is much nicer than the MDR food which doesn't seem to 'travel' quite so well from the galley.

There was a video of this suite on You Tube but it seems to have disappeared, there are some on FB. It looks good and someone here posted that the configuration of the corner suites on this deck was in their opinion the best (if you look at aft photos they don't all have doors in the same places).

We board on 27th October and our cruise is B730. We booked E743 for the larger balcony, and thr fact that it was the last aft suite left at the time we booked.

There is a video within the P&O Cabins Facebook group I think.

Thanks for that, will remember that one. Will be nice to try in suite dining at least once.