Freeport or Princess Cay

MrsPawel25

I am planning a friends cruise for January 2019. Ouroption is Nassau and Freeport or Nassau and Princess Cay. They are both around the same time and thesame price. So, in your opinion, which one is better to go to? Freeport? Or PrincessCay? I have been to neither (although I have been to Nassau) and neither havemy friends.

Background: We will have no kids with us and we are all the type of people that are up for anything. We will be happy snorkeling, or sightseeing, or sitting at a bar, or relaxing on the beach.

Thank you!

I have been to both and it really depends on which you would rather do: do you want a free beach day or not? Princess Cay is a private island owned by Princess Cruise Line (who is owned by Carnival). While there, you will be the ONLY ship in port and will be there roughly from 9AM-5PM. I believe you get tendered in. You can do excusions if you wish, or there's the beach and shopping.

I just got back from Freeport last week. The good thing about Freeport is the shops are right at the dock. Del Sol and Diamonds International are a must. In Del Sol, everything they make changes color in the sun: nail polish, clothing, hair accessories, jewelry, sunglasses, etc. At Diamonds and Tanzonite International (owned by the same company), you can get really interesting pieces of jewelry. If you go there, you can also get free charm bracelets and collect charms at every branch you go to and each charm is unique to that island.

We didn t get a lot of time in Freeport, and didn t do any excursions so I'm sorry if I couldn't help much!

Sent from my LGL22C using Forums mobile app

We love the beaches and snorkeling. Would will find great beaches at Antigua, Aruba, Princess Cays, Barbados, St Maarten. You can find a lot of videos on You Tube of the islands. It should help you decide what you want to do on each.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If price is the big consideration, I would opt for the cruise with the private island. It's basically a free beach day (the cruise line also brings food on the island so you don't even have to buy lunch). If exploring a new place, etc. is your priority, you would want to do the cruise without the private island.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been to both and would opt for Princess Cays as it is beautiful with lots of beach activities.

Plus there are excursions available.

In Freeport, we too a van taxi to Our Lucaya which was fine, but the beaches at Princess Cays are nicer-

plus you have a free BBQ lunch.

I would do Freeport because it is more to do at the beach. When my friends and I went we took a cab to Junkanoo Beach where they had a lot of water sport equipment you could rent. The beach was nice and there were bars were you could drink! We enjoyed ourselves. I will be going to Half Moon Cay in September and a little bummed although I love a great Beach Day. I enjoy the cheaper water sport rentals.

• 1 month later...
I would do Freeport because it is more to do at the beach. When my friends and I went we took a cab to Junkanoo Beach where they had a lot of water sport equipment you could rent. The beach was nice and there were bars were you could drink! We enjoyed ourselves. I will be going to Half Moon Cay in September and a little bummed although I love a great Beach Day. I enjoy the cheaper water sport rentals.

Junkanoo beach is in Nassau not Freeport. I would do princess cay over Freeport in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums