Freeport - LOVED the kayaking and Gold Rocks Beach!

luvavacation

Our excursion to Freeport was a kayaking/Gold Rocks Beach/ cave tour of Lucayan National Park. It was an MSC excursion because we wanted to experience all three things and we could only find it through the MSC sponsored excursion.

I don't know who the excursion company is that does this particular tour, apart from the cruise ship, but I know our guide was named Sam and he was fantastic!

We first kayaked the mangroves, which I did not want to do due to my fear of snakes, sharks, and venomous spiders. Apparently, none of that is present in the mangroves. Big spiders, however, are present, and though they may not have been venomous, they still were not something I wished to be up close and personal with. If you fear kayaking in the islands though, I would say don't fear this kayaking in Lucayan Park, as it really was a very good experience.

The cave tour was not something I really cared for. I would have preferred to be at the beach. I love the beach! But others found the caves fascinating, which is fine, but all I could think of was that the beach was still so close and I wasn't on it. The history is interesting, but really, I wanted to stay at the beach!

Ah the beach! Gold Rocks Beach is absolutely gorgeous! I think we were there at low tide, but I am not certain. I know only that the shore stretched out at a gentle incline into the ocean, and the sand was soft and I wish I had a mattress made out of that amazing soft sand.

The waves were not overwhelming, but still good to jump in, and there were plenty of areas where the water collected in pools among the sandy areas where small children could have played without being knocked down by waves.

As far as I could tell, there were no restroom facilities near the beach, but there were restrooms at the parking lot. There was a covered shelter, and when we were there, our group from the ship was using it for our lunch.

Crowds were nonexistent. Even if there were people in the area where you first enter the beach, you have a whole long expanse of beach to get away from them.

I know many people dislike Freeport intensely, but if you venture out of the port and away from the touristy traps, you may find something beautiful on the island, like Lucayan National Park and its beach. We can't wait to go back to Gold Rocks Beach!

Our excursion to Freeport was a kayaking/Gold Rocks Beach/ cave tour of Lucayan National Park. It was an MSC excursion because we wanted to experience all three things and we could only find it through the MSC sponsored excursion.

I don't know who the excursion company is that does this particular tour, apart from the cruise ship, but I know our guide was named Sam and he was fantastic!

We first kayaked the mangroves, which I did not want to do due to my fear of snakes, sharks, and venomous spiders. Apparently, none of that is present in the mangroves. Big spiders, however, are present, and though they may not have been venomous, they still were not something I wished to be up close and personal with. If you fear kayaking in the islands though, I would say don't fear this kayaking in Lucayan Park, as it really was a very good experience.

The cave tour was not something I really cared for. I would have preferred to be at the beach. I love the beach! But others found the caves fascinating, which is fine, but all I could think of was that the beach was still so close and I wasn't on it. The history is interesting, but really, I wanted to stay at the beach!

Ah the beach! Gold Rocks Beach is absolutely gorgeous! I think we were there at low tide, but I am not certain. I know only that the shore stretched out at a gentle incline into the ocean, and the sand was soft and I wish I had a mattress made out of that amazing soft sand.

The waves were not overwhelming, but still good to jump in, and there were plenty of areas where the water collected in pools among the sandy areas where small children could have played without being knocked down by waves.

As far as I could tell, there were no restroom facilities near the beach, but there were restrooms at the parking lot. There was a covered shelter, and when we were there, our group from the ship was using it for our lunch.

Crowds were nonexistent. Even if there were people in the area where you first enter the beach, you have a whole long expanse of beach to get away from them.

I know many people dislike Freeport intensely, but if you venture out of the port and away from the touristy traps, you may find something beautiful on the island, like Lucayan National Park and its beach. We can't wait to go back to Gold Rocks Beach!

Wonderful! I highly recommend Lucayan National Park and Gold Rock Beach, as the beach is void of all the crowds. The island is very beautiful, you just have to know where to go to find these amazing gems!