Entertainment Schedule and Daily Menus on The Getaway

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering where I might be able to find the entertainment schedule and daily menu's of The Getaway.

We are seasoned cruisers, but this will be our first time cruising with NCL and we would like to make the most of every minute!

I have heard Howl at the Moon should not be missed. Is it nightly? I would love to hear more about it.

I would like to coordinate our Specialty Dining nights with the off nights of Howl at the moon, (if there are any).

We didn't see Karaoke on this ship. I admit we love to go to karaoke and observe the best of the worst!!!!!! Our favorite thing;p

Thanks for your help!!

Connie

Shows depend on the itinerary (Baltic? Western Caribbean? Eastern Caribbean? Transatlantic?) and the guest performers on board any given week.

The Main Dining Room rotates through 14 different menus and it's the chef's choice on which menus will be used each week. On the current 9 day itinerary, there wouldn't even be a pattern in the dinner menus.

I reviewed Howl At The Moon- Dueling Pianos in my post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53636920&posted=1#post53636920

It was entertaining to us but I wouldn't call it a "must see"

I looked at the Freestyle Daily and they appear to have 5 nights perhaps. They are not every night because I didn't get a chance to see them until Day 9.

If you had a specific menu question I might be able to help but I did not take photos of all of the menus and to BirdTravels' point, the menus rotate.

Thanks 4 of Harts! Great info:) Now Howl At the Moon is a little clearer to me.

In my research, I am finding that their possibly IS Karaoke on The Getaway in the venue where they have JAZZ. If this is correct, we will be very pleased!!!

I see Karaoke on at least 3 nights, (5,7,8) which means I'm probably missing one or two. Your are correct that it is done at Fat Cats which is the Jazz Club (it gets used for other events as well)

Thank you. I will take a close look at that! This is going to be a great cruise. I think we will do Cagney's, Tepanyaki and the Jury is still out on our 3rd choice for our SDP. Any recommendations would be welcomed!!!

We did the Cirque Dreams and Steam as our 3rd. We did Cagney's and LaCucina.

I did see a thread on the forum here where someone scanned and linked Dailies from their Western Itinerary. Try the search feature, but know it is all subject to change.

We saw Howl at the Moon 3 nights on the Epic last year. We are big fans of Piano Bars, so we had a great time.

4 of Harts - Can you give a little information on the location of the Banquet vs. Floor seating for Cirque Dreams? We will be able to book ours next week and I'm having trouble finding good information on the room layout and seating to help me make my decision.

I reviewed Howl At The Moon- Dueling Pianos in my post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53636920&posted=1#post53636920

It was entertaining to us but I wouldn't call it a "must see"

I looked at the Freestyle Daily and they appear to have 5 nights perhaps. They are not every night because I didn't get a chance to see them until Day 9.

If you had a specific menu question I might be able to help but I did not take photos of all of the menus and to BirdTravels' point, the menus rotate.

We've only seen it on the BA but we consider it a "must see". We went 3 nights our last cruise, each show is different. We also enjoyed Fat Cats. Howl at the Moon doesn't start until 9 pm but it doesn't matter when you arrive as it plays continuously until 1am.

I did see a thread on the forum here where someone scanned and linked Dailies from their Western Itinerary. Try the search feature, but know it is all subject to change.

We saw Howl at the Moon 3 nights on the Epic last year. We are big fans of Piano Bars, so we had a great time.

4 of Harts - Can you give a little information on the location of the Banquet vs. Floor seating for Cirque Dreams? We will be able to book ours next week and I'm having trouble finding good information on the room layout and seating to help me make my decision.

We did the floor seating which costs more. The Illusionarium is a smaller to mid-sized venue with a medium sized stage. The shape of the room is an odd half circle with the right side partially cut off. Performers enter from doors onstage but all of the props etc. enter from the right side (as you look at the stage).

My understanding of the difference of floor vs. banquet is that the banquet seating is the last row of larger booths, that holds maybe 8-10 people each. The floor is comprised of rows of tables that seat 6+. Besides prior to the show, the performers are always stay on stage.

If I did it again I would do the floor seating but would get there earlier to get closer to the stage. We were in the middle section in depth but almost directly center stage. We got there 20-25 minutes early (around 8:20p) and the first "row" of tables was already seated (and eating). Another cool part of arriving early is that some of the performers come out into the audience for photo opportunities (your own and NCL's photo group).

I hope that this helps.

*Note- because the Cirque show serves dinner you can use it as one of your specialty dining. I do believe that you will be charged for the difference between floor and banquet. Check your charges on that for confirmation or talk to your agent for clarification but we (my wife and I) used it and then I think I paid a discounted price for my kids. Again, get clarification in the pricing but it is an option. (I tried to pull up my billing but it's gone from the NCL site)

I read those posts Girlgamer001, but I was unable to see the photo bucket pics that contained the dallies. LOL

We did the floor seating which costs more. The Illusionarium is a smaller to mid-sized venue with a medium sized stage. The shape of the room is an odd half circle with the right side partially cut off. Performers enter from doors onstage but all of the props etc. enter from the right side (as you look at the stage).

My understanding of the difference of floor vs. banquet is that the banquet seating is the last row of larger booths, that holds maybe 8-10 people each. The floor is comprised of rows of tables that seat 6+. Besides prior to the show, the performers are always stay on stage.

If I did it again I would do the floor seating but would get there earlier to get closer to the stage. We were in the middle section in depth but almost directly center stage. We got there 20-25 minutes early (around 8:20p) and the first "row" of tables was already seated (and eating). Another cool part of arriving early is that some of the performers come out into the audience for photo opportunities (your own and NCL's photo group).

I hope that this helps.

*Note- because the Cirque show serves dinner you can use it as one of your specialty dining. I do believe that you will be charged for the difference between floor and banquet. Check your charges on that for confirmation or talk to your agent for clarification but we (my wife and I) used it and then I think I paid a discounted price for my kids. Again, get clarification in the pricing but it is an option. (I tried to pull up my billing but it's gone from the NCL site)

Thank you so much for the information! We loved the Cirque show on the Epic and are looking forward to this one even more.