Getting DD to go?

danielundecided

Hi,

We're planning on cruise A818 to the Fjords in 2018, when DD18 and DS15 will've finished A-levels and GCSE's respectively. We're planning on travelling in a balcony cabin or deluxe balcony and want to make the holiday special as it will be our last before DD is off to university. She doesn't want to go to Norway as she says there's nothing up there. Pre-registering closes tonight so I need to try and talk to her - she's saying she won't go if we go to Norway and I am NOT booking an adult on the booking if she's not going to go.

Can anyone offer advice ie. Things to do to win her over? She has loved cruising every time we have went by the way.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually Bergen has very nice shops! That might persuade her....

Truthfully there is something magical about the Fjords. Mine are a couple of years younger but I'd have no hesitation taking them. I do think it's important she can still go in the kids' club though, 19 is a difficult cruising age when they can't go in to club any more but still want to hang around with friends rather than boring old parents.

I'm afraid even though I would personally prefer the fjords to most other places, I can't think of anything which would persuade your daughter at her age.

If you want to have a last special holiday choose somewhere she wants to go.

In another couple of years you and your wife will have the world to choose from.....so just hang on for a while.

Thanks all. As pre-registering ends tomorrow we'll need to have a quick and serious think. We're all looking at a Canary Island cruise in July (which is a very similar route to one we went on in 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed) and a quote for a cabin we paid £5,000+ for in 2013 we can get for £3,000! I'm just a bit nervous it won't feel "special" enough.

Dan

Thanks all. As pre-registering ends tomorrow we'll need to have a quick and serious think. We're all looking at a Canary Island cruise in July (which is a very similar route to one we went on in 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed) and a quote for a cabin we paid £5,000+ for in 2013 we can get for £3,000! I'm just a bit nervous it won't feel "special" enough.

Dan

You could make it special by taking some things with you for a celebration on the last day.

Don't think that because they are getter older your children won't want to go on holiday/cruises with you anymore!

My sons are aged 20 and 24 still come on cruises with us and the 24 year old has asked speficically if we can go to the Fjords next next. The Fjords are popular with families as the cruises tend to be 7 days so not as expensive as a 14 day family holiday. We will probably go early July when there will be quite a lot of teenagers on board who have finished GCSE, college or are at University.