Cabo time vs. ship time

JudithLynne

I sure hope someone can answer this question for me.

Our ship will arrive in Cabo 3-10-2016 at 9AM. We have a 10:45AM whale watch booked through a private company. It is near the tender dock. In that port, is ship time different than Cabo time? I am concerned about making our tour if it is. Thanks for any help.

I believe all ships are different, some go FWD to mountain time and some stay at pacific time. I am wondering the same thing, We are on Princess and will be in Cabo on Feb 5th. What whale watch were you booked for? I am trying to determine if Pez Gato's 9am tour will be fine. We arrive at 7am.

Maui07....first of all thank you for answering my thread. I suspected that time change would be related to each individual ship and am doubtful that there is any way to get a definitive answer. We are booked with Cabo Whale Watch at 11:30. Our ship, the Ruby Princess, arrives at 9:00 AM, 3-3-2016. Although we are Elite, the couple traveling with us isn't. It is only their second cruise. That means that in order to stay together, we will have to get tender tickets together and wait to be called. I don't think that this is going to work for us, unfortunately. If there were a difference in time, we would only have 90 mins to make our tour.

I think that I will look at your tour company and check their times, I did read about them on the threads.

If there is a time difference on your cruise, you would arrive with only one hour before your tour. With tender service it will be difficult making your tour.

If I find any info that benefits you, I will return to this thread....

Judith

Edited by JudithLynne

Pez Gato is very close to the tender pier. Even if the ship arrives at 8 am Cabo time, I think you could make a 9 am tour as long as you get your tender tickets early. From what I have seen, there are not a lot of people getting off the ship that early.

We were on NCL Jewel last week and we moved the clock ahead one hr the night before Cabo, so ship and shore time was the same. We were due to arrive at noon but arrived early and were cleared to go ashore by 1130. We were on a ship sponsored tour and standing on the dock ashore by noon easy. I believe that non elites who got one of the first tenders after elites and ship excursion clients would have been ashore by 1245 or 1 at latest

Edited by SA71

• 3 weeks later...
We were on NCL Jewel last week and we moved the clock ahead one hr the night before Cabo, so ship and shore time was the same. We were due to arrive at noon but arrived early and were cleared to go ashore by 1130. We were on a ship sponsored tour and standing on the dock ashore by noon easy. I believe that non elites who got one of the first tenders after elites and ship excursion clients would have been ashore by 1245 or 1 at latest

we were probably on the same ship... usually the ship changes time to match the port to avoid confusion. I've never sailed Princess but I'd expect they do the same. Maybe go over to the princess room and ask.

Thanks much for this info. I have been a little worried about this for our January trip. Cabo is the only place where we're doing a private tour, where time is an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
. . . . "Although we are Elite, the couple traveling with us isn't. It is only their second cruise. That means that in order to stay together, we will have to get tender tickets together and wait to be called."

Judith

Hi Judith,

I want to address your concern about getting tender tickets with your friends. We are also Elite and we had an excursion in a tender port on our summer British Isles cruise. We all four went to the desk for tender tickets and as an Elite, you are allowed to go to the tender by joining the most current group. Our friends were allowed to go with us. It was one of the best perks of being Elite and not having to wait for a number to be called.

I hope this helps and have a great time. We can't wait for our Mexican Riviera cruise next September.