3/4 day cruises out of st.petersburg fl area

dustyroad

i am pretty much a newbie to cruising and dont know all the docks and where they sail from/too . i will be in st.petersburg florida in june of 2006 ( i know a long time from now ) for a family reunion for 3 days. i want to jump on a ship and go on a 3/4 day cruise to nowhere. i wont go on a disney cruise ( single and no kids too take ) . is there a dock on that side of florida for anything like that or will i have to travel to the other side of the state to get on a cruise. and if possible, can someone tell me the easiest dock to sail from in florida? i will be checking out the carnival site for trips but i know you nice members can help me also :) .

The Sensation does four day sailings from Tampa, with two sea days and one day in Cozumel. The Inspiration will be taking over that itinerary in October.

There are no three day cruises from Tampa simply because there wouldn't be adequate time to reach a foreign port-of-call for any kind of visit.

:) thanks so much for the info. now i know where to start. it takes me awhile to save for my trips :( so i have to get a good 'head start'. but the planning is so much fun and i will want to get on a ship as long as i am there. i have never been to florida before either so this will be a real vacation in different territory for me. cant wait to go.

sensation will be going out of New Orleans by June 2006. Inspiration will take over for Sensation when Miracle takes over for Inspiration. As far as I know (am often wrong for sure) all the Disney cruises leave out of Port Canaveral.

Archived