What's a good price?

zeke11

I'm getting cruise quotes from all over and wondering ---

what is a good price for a week long cruise per person? I am all over the board with this, but none of the quotes I have received have been outstanding.

I'm not interested in September, although I know that's a time for some great low prices, we just returned from a cruise that was really messed up due to Jeanne and won't do it again.

I'm interested in the first week of June; my kids aren't finished with school yet, but they won't miss much that last week and prices are much lower then than they are the end of June.

Any online travel agents that seem to have best deals?

Thanks!
Kris

It is hard to say what is a "good" price. They're determined by cruiseline, itinerary, time of year, supply/demand, etc. More people are travelling, and the cruiselines seem to be rebounding from 9/11, so the discounts that were availabe a year or two ago, don't seem to be there anymore. Last year the family took a 7 day Carnival cruise during spring break for $499 per person for a double occupancy outside room, but I haven't seen prices like that lately.

I use an online TA that seems to have very good prices and I've been happy with the service. We used them last year and have our two upcoming cruises booked with them. According to the board rules I can't list the agency name here, but if you'd like to send me an e-mail at morlick1 at cox dot net I'd be happy to give you the agency name. Actually, it's a brick and mortar agency with an internet division.

Marc

June is peak time so I am sure you will see prices off the board. (I personally like to keep my cruises to 100.00 per person or less per day.) so far I have did a wonderful job at doing that.

June is high season...
I have found$399 on Carnival for week (DK date)
I paid $525 on Princess late Oct. Saw RCI for similar.
Check NOW for cheapest rates.
Kristin
bestpricecruises.com has great rates
I booked thru Expedia

I agreed that as a rule I look for cruises that are $100/per day/per person or less. I have paid more, but usually less. Recently I picked up a January 7 day W. Carribean on NCL for $445. It is an inside room, but I don't usually spent that much time there. The only time I spent more was when I chose a outside w/deck in Hawaii.

The best way I have found to look is to have a window of a few months, then as you search you can narrow it down. Starting a year out is none to early.

And remember to have fun.

i once asked a friend who has been a wholesale car dealer for a very long time what was a good price for a car and he said if you think you got a good price and bought the car then you got a good price-----------if you normally book a suite w/ butler then your good price would be much higher then the person who books an inside cabin and gets a good price- whatever fits your needs and pocketbook and you book is a good price

With kids it is harder to get the great deals out there because you are limited to school holidays and summer vacation, when everyone else also needs to be cruising (supply vs demand). Good luck and like the others say, if you find a price that you are happy with and fits in your budget, then go for it. BTW, some cruise lines drop the price and will credit you the difference or give you shipboard credit. However, our last cruise the price only went up, $1500 pp:eek: .

Archived