stern view

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:55 PM.
So California
5,699 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
On the new infinity, is there a deck or place to lounge, in an open area ( nothing above you or to the side. un covered) where one can lean on the rail and enjoy the view astern ?
I looked at the deck plan but I can't find the new layout. I heard tht they put a ton of aft facing cabins and closed off the aft deck almost totaly/ ?

I also heard some say that the observation lounge is only observation to starboard and foward and that the whole port side of the lounge is not a kids play area?

Help
Southwest Florida
10,652 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by Hawaiidan
On the new infinity, is there a deck or place to lounge, in an open area ( nothing above you or to the side. un covered) where one can lean on the rail and enjoy the view astern ?
I looked at the deck plan but I can't find the new layout. I heard tht they put a ton of aft facing cabins and closed off the aft deck almost totaly/ ?

I also heard some say that the observation lounge is only observation to starboard and foward and that the whole port side of the lounge is not a kids play area?

Help
Certainly there is an open deck above the newly added A1 cabins...that deck has the basketball court (yes, over those new expensive aqua class cabins...there is a walk around area on the stern of that deck, perhaps with chairs or lounges...not sure anyone knows at this point. Also a great view from there down on to all of the new aqua class cabin balconies which really have no cover over them. Perhaps that view may be more interesting

My guess is that the forward lounge observation is correct. I've found that on most cruises, the forward high lounge on a ship isn't used that much. I've never understood this since it's a great place to have a drink, but I guess most folks want to be outside rather than inside. I am not sure this is a real issue or just something to fret about.
Bear Mountain, Victoria, BC
5,413 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Originally posted by Hawaiidan

Help
The new deck area above the Deck 11 aft AQ cabins will give you that view.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
270 days @ sea

Oct 8/16 - 14 nt Silhouette Western Med
Feb 25/17 - 17 nt Radiance OTS - Australia/New Zealand
Oct 11/17 - 12 nt Vision OTS - Canada/New England
Apr 7/18 - 15 nt Connie - Best of India & Sri Lanka
Apr 22/18 - 15 nt Connie - Arabian Sea & Sue\ Canal

I have no "Cruise Control". The darn things just keep booking themselves!
SW Ontario, Canada
8,656 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
There is still the open Sunset bar area behind the Ocean View Cafe on deck 10. The new cabins are above and slightly forward of that area on deck 11 where the Fun Factory use to be.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob
Festival Bolero, Dec.98, E Carib* Blackbeard Pirate Lady, Jan.99, Bahamas* Sun Carousel (Nordic Prince), Feb.99, S Carib* Sun Sunbird (Song of America), Sept.99, W Med* Sun Sundream (Song of Norway), Jan.00, PC* Sea Princess, June 00, Alaska* Sun Sundream (Song of Norway), Feb.01, W Carib* Empress of the Seas, July 02, Bermuda* Grand Princess, Feb.02, W.Carib* Star Princess, Feb.03, Mexico* Enchantment OTS, March 03, E. Carib* Sun Sunbird (Song of America), June 03, W Med* Sun Sunbird (Song of America), Jan.04, S.Carib* Voyager OTS, June04, CdnMaritimes* Sun Sunbird (Song of America), Aug.04, W. Med* Maasdam, Mar.05, S.Carib* Costa Mediterranea, Apr.06, E. Carib* Regal Pr, Oct.06, PC* SerenadeOTS, Feb.07.S. Carib* Adventure OTS, Mar.07, S. Carib* Radiance OTS, Sept.07,Alaska* Legend OTS, Nov.07, E. Med* Radiance OTS, May 08, Hawaii* X Century, Dec.08, TA* Radiance OTS, Apr.09, SA to USA* X Mercury, Nov.09, E. Carib* Radiance OTS, Feb.10, Mexico, Grand Pr, Apr.10, TA* X Summit, Nov.10 B2B S. Carib* Golden Pr, Feb.11, Hawaii* X Constellation, Mar.11, S. Carib* Emerald Pr, Nov.11, S Carib* X Silhouette, Jan.12, E. Carib* X Century, Mar.12, Hawaii* Caribbean Pr, Apr.12,TA* Caribbean Pr, May 12, Br. Isles* X Eclipse, Dec.12, S. Carib* Voyager OTS, Feb.13, Oz/NZ* X Century, Nov.13, Hawaii* Ruby Pr, Feb.14, W. Carib* X Century,Feb.13, E. Carib* Serenade OTS, Apr.14, TA* Serenade OTS, Nov.14, TA* Navigator OTS, Jan.15, B2B2B W. Carib* Radiance OTS, Feb.15, Top End Oz* Freedom OTS, Oct.15,B2B E&W Carib* Anthem OTS, Jan.16, S Carib* Anthem OTS, Mar.16, W Carib* Brilliance OTS, Oct.16, TA* Anthem OTS, Jan.17, S Carib*