About Me

• Interests
    antiquing, reading, red sox, and of course cruising
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    Celebrity
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Caribbean

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

riredsox's Achievements

1,000+ Club

1,000+ Club (7/20)

1. There’s music playing in some venues on the ship every night. That might be a good place to meet people his age. I hope you all have a fantastic time!
  2. I booked a cruise in the 90’s with a company called Single World. It was for people traveling solo but not necessarily single. We had a group leader we did excursions with and all dined together if we so chose too. One of the most fun cruises I’ve been on. My roommate and I got along wonderful as did our whole group.
  3. If only they would add a World Class Bar. I sailed Edge and Apex just once because I missed the WCB. They have my favorite cocktails.
  4. It would really be an enhanced experience if they gave us back the included tips and OBC that absolutely no one asked to have taken away. It angers me that they think we are that gullible to think people don’t want tips and OBC included when they are still paying the same if not more then before they took those away.
  5. Celebrity’s wine list has always been spectacular! They just don’t actually have any of the wines on said list!
  6. I don’t understand their up charges. Macallan Quest is $16 up charge and Highland Park 12yr is $17? The Quest sells for around $110 and the Highland Park $60. Makes no sense. Yacht Club would actually save money it they let us bring our own bottle onboard! Will be boarding Seascape in 2 weeks and no matter the liquor choice in YC I will have a fabulous cruise!
  7. I bought some Macallan scotch and some Royal Salute scotch. I ran out of both so had to book another cruise. I had quite a bit of OBC.
  8. I was also on the Divina in late 2021. I also thought Arthur and Kulnal was an outstanding combo!
  9. You can’t always get reservations. On the Beyond they told me Eden and the steak restaurant were not available.
  10. Simple solution is to just stop selling dining packages or let you make a reservation when you purchase them.
  11. Then they shouldn’t sell these dining packages if you can’t make a reservation. If they let you make the reservation when you purchase the package that would be different.
  12. When I asked for a refund they somehow found availability at the two restaurants they told me were booked solid. I don’t know why they sell these dining packages knowing full well half the restaurants will be sold out or you have to eat at 5. When we did go to the ‘sold out’ Eden there were at least 7 empty tables and we were there for 1 1/2 hrs.
  13. If you get a dining package you can’t make reservations till you board. By then some restaurants have nothing available and some only 5:00 available. I don’t know why they do this but they do. I told them to cancel my 5 night package on a 9 night Beyond and then they called my room and they had miraculously found availability.
  14. Thank you for this wonderful live report! I was on for the 12 night Mardi Gras in February and was pleasantly surprised how good the MDR was. Happy future sailing!