DaKahuna

Members
About Me

• Interests
    Shooting, Amateur Radio, Computers
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    Celebrity & Royal Caribbean
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Alaska, Baltic Sea, Mediterranean, and Southern Caribbean.

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

DaKahuna's Achievements

1. Any bottles of liquor you buy on the ship are kept until the night before debarkation. You cannot buy liquor and take back to your room. As for discounts, they do have some but have to wait until you get onboard to see.
  2. I hope you did as I did and wrote about that in your post cruise survey.
  3. As we would enjoy bumping into you guys again as well. I am right there with you on the E-class ships. Have nothing booked on them and even chose Solstice over Edge for our next cruise (April 2025 Sydney to Hawaii)l I know March is out of the question but will take a look at the other two. Give our regards to Connie.
  4. I bring a jacket but do not always wear it. I do not remember the last time I brought a tie on a Celebrity cruise. It's certainly been since before the pause for COVID.
  5. To make instant grits of course.
  6. You know all those announcements from the cruise director and activates staff that occur throughout the day -- you'll miss them with Celebrity. There is usually one announcement per day by the captain, usually around 1000 and that's pretty much it. We came to Celebrity and sail it much more than Royal these days because the food and service was better. There are things we do miss aabout Royal - e.g. Junior Suites, and Johnny Rocket's but that's about it.
  7. Do you have status with any of the major hotel chains? What are you looking to do during your three days you are there? Are you interested in staying Tokyo or Yokohama? We really enjoyed our time at the Westin, especially since my Marriott status gave us access to the Club Lounge. It was a 15 minute walk to major shopping area and to the train station with Yokohama station one stop away, on the express train. I see you mentioned a guide. I have no experience in that area but a number of my fellow passengers on Millennium spoke highly of Tours by Locals. I believe a couple were named in their comments in my review but as I said, we did not use a guide while in Yokohama.
  8. On our last cruise the hours were 0630 - 0900. Normally all the waiters and assistant waiters are not in Luminae for breakfast. May of them have to attend training and this is normally done in the mornings. Also one of the assistant waiters works in the Retreat Lounge during the morning hours setting up the food, as well as going around offering to get food and drinks for the people in the lounge. Some also work in other areas of the ship, the OVC was mentioned.
  9. I beg to disagree. I wear dress shoes most evenings to dinner, especially on Evening Chic nights. I like there to be a shine to my shoes. Maybe not the spit shine gloss of my military days but definitely not scuffed. I was devastated when I was informed that shoe shines were no longer being done as I had not packed my own polish and rags. I had to make do with with disinfectant wipes and a wash cloth.
  10. We did. However, all we've talked about since we returned is the things we did not do. We both agreed that we really need to take a land based vacation to Japan. We are not use to being on the go as much as we were on this cruise -- I don't think we have had so many shore excursions since our first Med cruise when we did one at every port. Sorry to hear that you have had to deal with a lot of family stuff since Miami. Am glad you enjoyed the review. Was worried that it was no where as entertaining and interesting as I wanted it to be. It is definitely a fantastic itinerary -- I view it as one of the few that I could do a B2B2B and still feel that I had not seen everything. Japan is such a fantastic country with outstanding people, food, and fantastic cultural experiences for everyone.
  11. Don't you think you are being a bit selfish and inflexible but choosing not to get up in time to eat what you wanted where you wanted? Let's just agree to disagree. I have no expectation that the Retreat and or Luminae is going to bend over backwards and make special arrangements just for me If I want a meal in Luminae I know what the hours are adhere to those hours instead of expect them to arrange their services around my hours.
  12. <rant\> While I sympathize with your issue, I cannot agree that because of this incident, which could have been avoided by you adhering to the posted dining times in Luminae, is a cause for Celebrity to extend the hours of Luminae. Plenty of other Luminae guest, ourselves included, are able to arrange our scheduled so that we can arrive and eat while the facility is open instead of expecting the facility to cater to our desired hours. On our last cruise on a couple of occasions we decided to take advantage of the fact that we did not have to get up early to go ashore and did not leave our room until after Luminae had closed. We simply went to the Elite breakfast which was open until 10. Granted it is continental breakfast only but it was a decision we made. So if YOU decide that you would rather sleep in than wake up in time to dine in Luminae then you need to be willing to accept the consequences of YOUR decision, and should not expect the dining facilities to adjust to your singular needs. </rant>
  13. Interesting comment. On Millennium they were making every burger as a cheese burger with a full slice of cheese. If you did not want cheese on yours, you had to make sure and tell them. IMHO they could improve those burgers tremendously by changing the bun. The bun, while okay, is just too dry and flakes/falls apart too easily.
  14. No. Just the additional OBC that use to be for booking a suite. We still received our $200 OBC for booking a 17-day Transpacific. We also received a $100 each Military discount. Not OBC but a deduction in cruise price.
  15. Randy, Thanks. I was not even checking the app list. I let him know what I was having and let him make the choice but I did ask that he avoid wines he had already served me, unless I asked for it, e.g. Decoy and Conundrum. He did a great job of pairing the wines with the meal and offering alternatives. I just found it interesting when I was putting the ones I had into Vivino that the bottle price points were all around the glass price for the Premium package. When are we going to bump into you and that lovely bride of your again on a cruise?