Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community


  • Content Count

  • Joined

About jp2746

  • Rank
    Cool Cruiser

About Me

  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I am one of the "lucky" ones who booked Freedom in August were refused a lift and shift option. I just wanted to let other people know that are in the same boat (lol) that there is hope! I called today and told our travel agent that I wanted to lift and shift our cruise but if they will not do it, I want to cancel for a refund. I told her that I have asked several times and they refused me. So... she called them and they lifted and shifted to Symphony of the Sea in July! I am so excited. I hope that others can get the same deal. Our Freedom cruise was $400 pp and the SOTS cruise is about $1400 pp. I have been wanting to go on SOTS for a while, but we could never afford it. Good luck and maybe they are more lenient now that the other option is a refund. Now I am just praying that they can survive that long...
  2. How long ago did you do this? I called the second or third day after the lift and shift started. They turned me down trying to shift my August 9 Southern Caribbean to an August Western Caribbean. They said that there is no comparable cruise to lift and shift to so I am out of luck. Luckily we have Southwest points so our airfare that was booked with points is completely refundable. We have flights and hotels set up just in case. But I highly doubt that this cruise will happen. I have really just let go of the idea that we will be able to cruise this summer. :(
  3. Thanks for the article! I have hope now! However, our back up plan to fly to Aruba was canceled by Southwest airlines, well sort of. I don't see any departure flights or return flights, but we have not received a formal notice from Southwest that our flights have been canceled. So, I'm not sure what that is about.
  4. We were supposed to be on Royal (Princess) in March. We went to the port and waited but our cruise was cancelled. The problem I have with temperature taking is that I had a temperature. It was only 99.5, but it was not normal for me and I was surprised that I had a temp. Now, I know that this isn't a high temp and my husband insisted it was because I was wearing a sweater, but it did cause me to wonder what the temp would need to be to turn passengers away? I honestly thought that something was off. I had been having allergies and I wrote all of it off, but who knows what I had or if I had anything. The point is, I don't know how much taking someone's temp is going to reveal. That being said, I am ready to sail today. 🙂
  5. Our deposit was sent back to a canceled credit card. I received a note from Chase stating that they will be sending me a check for the balance within 4 weeks. But... they have not credited me for our drink, internet or picture package.
  6. I was told there were no options for me. I also have a Southern Caribbean out of San Juan in August. Even if we cruise, which I know is pretty much 0% chance, where will we go? I just don't think any of these Caribbean countries are going to allow cruise ships in August. I very bummed. I called Chase, my TA, and they said that there is nothing that we can do. I may try again tomorrow and ask them to speak to a supervisor. The last time I called I asked them to do this and the rep with RC refused to get a supervisor. He was determined that I could not switch to anything. :( Let me know what you find out and what happens. But I am realizing that what happens with one person is not the same for everyone. They really need to work on this and help people who have no options based on their requirements. For example, let us move to any other Caribbean cruise. I mean, who wants to go to Jamaica when you can go to Aruba and Curacao? It's not like we are coming out ahead. If we had to go back to Jamaica because of the switch, we may just stay on the boat. But at least we would go somewhere and would be able to sail next year!
  7. LOL!!! I looked up the wrong island. I'm a dork, but the first step is admitting it. 🙂 They probably thought I was crazy. But, I think I should be able to blame it on Covid lockdown.
  8. This is very frustrating. There are no options. They told me that they were not the same areas of the Caribbean. I pointed out that St. Kitts was on the new itinerary and it is actually further south than Aruba. They said no. They would only do it if the itineraries matched.
  9. I tried Southern to Eastern. The were set on the fact that they were different parts of the Caribbean and did not fall into the guidelines.
  10. I tried to switch to an Eastern on Symphony and was shot down twice. So, let me know what you do and what your results are. I love Aruba and Curacao but have never been to Bonaire. I was also looking forward to that itinerary. But there isn't anything going out of San Juan to ABC islands next summer. I would say West Beach in Roatan was my favorite port, but Aruba and Curacao were the most beautiful places I have ever been.
  11. Did you try to switch? Any luck? I was told twice that the itinerary has to be Southern and there are no Southern Caribbean itineraries within the four weeks. So... I can't take advantage of this offer. Kind of frustrating since I am sure they will cancel. I guess I will just hold out hope it sails.
  12. We had final payment due March 6th. I had to make a decision of 2K FCC or pay it off and wait for cancellation. I chose the second. Since I had just made the final payment, I was able to do a chargeback and received my money within two weeks. I thought I would have to wait for the other 2K deposit, but that was back on my credit card at the same time. The only thing I have not received back yet is my picture package and drink packages. But that is a drop in the bucket to the 7K I had hanging out there. I can be patient with that.
  13. It may be that the ones prior to August 15 are booked. I am hoping some pop up with cancellations so I have a chance to book. I am waiting for RC to cancel and August cruise before I can book. I don't want to be stuck with two cruises at the same time and be forced into FCC.
  14. Hummmmm... that's weird. I just checked again and it shows cruises in June through August. Maybe there is hope. We had a back up plan to Aruba and Southwest just canceled those flights. Hoping Carnival will come through for us! Thanks!
  15. Since Carnival announced that they would be sailing in August from Florida and Texas, I was trying to book one of these departure ports. However, they are not showing any sailings for August. I am curious if people who are scheduled out of those ports in August have had their cruise canceled? Did they decided not to go? I assumed that this was a plan and that they had met the requirements to sail in August, but maybe not. Yes, I am trying to get on a ship. Any ship. Just push me off the dock in a boat before school starts please.
  • Create New...