We are about to book the 2019 Far East Discovery cruise in October 2019. While we have been on many cruises (mostly HAL), we only know what we read in brochures about Viking Ocean.
So here goes - thanks in advance for your thoughts!
1) We are looking at Penthouse Junior Suite #6023, deck 6 opening into the forward elevator lobby. Any issues with noise from above, below, or from the elevators?
2) Business class air seems reasonable at $4000 compared to October 2018 rates (JFK-Beijing, Hong Kong-JFK) and for $50 more, you get to choose your flights. Any recommendations on the best airlines for business class on these routes?
3) The Viking website says that minibars in Penthouse Junior Suites are replenished daily with alcoholic beverages? Spirits as well? Is this complimentary?
4) How large are the balconies in the Penthouse Junior Suites? Just two chairs and a table?
5) The Penthouse Junior Suites are located about halfway between midships and the bow - some more than halfway. Any issues with motion?
6) It's tough to tell how large the closet(s) are in these suites - are they adequate? I realize that the tux and gowns stay home for this trip, and that laundry and dry cleaning are complimentary....