Homeport Advisory Excursion

SunshineOnTheBrain

You can save alot of money and help the local economey in Cozumel by booking direct. I know some worry about getting back to the ship in time, but I assure you all the tour operators here are well aquainted with ship schedules. When booked through the shop the tour operator gets a small portion and the cruise companies get most of it. On some tours the operators are not allowed to fill in with privately booked customers because the cruiselines do not want thier customers to find out how much more they paid. If anyone needs a referal or help in Cozumel, feel free to messege me...lol...no charge

It's probably just a place holder. When they do the excursion page they just put in some default code and then change it later with the correct excursion name/price/details. They might be getting ready to add more excursions.

Edited by mamax2

I posted a review but Carnival hasn't published it yet. :(

I was JUST thinking of doing that. :)

"This excursion was terrific for my great-grandmother, who is 101, but none of the rest of us were allowed to go. We used the 5 cents we saved toward another DOD." :D

The 'Home Port Advisory" seems to be just a reminder about booking or not booking certain excursions from home-ports, but due to the kludgy nature of Carnival's website, they have to stick it in there as an 'excursion.'

Maybe their newly hired IT chief will crack the whip and improve the website?

<cricket>

<cricket>

<cricket>

Yeah, thought so. :)

Edited by Pellaz

I was under the impression that this was how you signed up for cell phone alerts, Carnival's program to alert guests who may be "in route" of important last minute changes in their cruise.

If so I am guessing Carnival's website requires some amount of purchase price and the penny probably will not actually be charged. I don't own a cell phone so I'm not sure my info is accurate.

I think this is to sign up for the alerts (text, email, calls) regarding port delays etc. I THINK :confused:

Agree

I was under the impression that this was how you signed up for cell phone alerts, Carnival's program to alert guests who may be "in route" of important last minute changes in their cruise.

If so I am guessing Carnival's website requires some amount of purchase price and the penny probably will not actually be charged. I don't own a cell phone so I'm not sure my info is accurate.

Kind of on topic....

Do prices for excursions booked via cruise line ever change? I checked out excursions once and decided against them. Never thought to check again for a price reduction.

We actually booked an excursion in Belize and when I checked back later it was $20 more per person.

• 3 months later...

I just called Carnival and the Home Port excursion is for the port and not for the passengers. I tried to get more details, but they just kept saying, "That's for the port and not for the passengers." So I guess we may never truly know what it is :)

That is what I have been thinking - but we get those anyway by email. At least I've gotten the alert email for the last two cruises advising me to wait until 1:00 before getting to the port. Like an email is going to hold me back after waiting for MONTHS and MONTHS! Huh, I just hit delete and proceed to the port at 10:00, and plan to do the same in 2 weeks on the Dream with FTTF!!!

I agree! I show up when I'm ready regardless lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Agree

No, if you put your cell phone number in your personal information when you fill out your documents, you are automatically notified by cell phone if they need to contact you.

Here is what John Heald had to say about the subject.

"The home port advisory is something that we put there for internal use and its not anything we actually offer the guests until such time as text alerts for delayed embarkation etc are needed"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...