Harvest Caye New Destination

RedRover96

Just read this from a Bulletin Board I follow from Ambergris Caye in Belize:, https://ambergriscaye.com

"On May 30th, 2017, the Cruise Control Ltd. will officially start ferrying cruise passengers from Harvest Caye to Placencia Village Municipal Pier and will be conducting a test run in the interim. Passengers will now have the opportunity to enjoy the beaches, food, craft and much more that the village of Placencia has to offer. In addition, Tour Operators will have the opportunity to take guests on marine tours. Tickets can be purchased on the cruise ship or at the visitors’ booth on Harvest Caye at a cost of $20USD round trip."

The thing we loved loved loved about harvest caye was it wasn't another carribean sardine can with way too many people. Guess they will figure a way to mess up the only place that you had room to breath. If they limit it to 350 it will still be doable but hopefully they keep it at 350.

Sounds like its going the other way, taking 350 more off the island... looks like more dive shops, and activities. We are right there with you though, we have enjoyed the cruise line "private islands" more than some of the bigger stops.

The thing we loved loved loved about harvest caye was it wasn't another carribean sardine can with way too many people. Guess they will figure a way to mess up the only place that you had room to breath. If they limit it to 350 it will still be doable but hopefully they keep it at 350.

Sounds like its going the other way, taking 350 more off the island... looks like more dive shops, and activities. We are right there with you though, we have enjoyed the cruise line "private islands" more than some of the bigger stops.

Yes, I reread it and you are thankfully correct. Thanks for the good news.lol

We look forward to our return to harvest caye. We had two grandkids and stayed quiet awhile but if you aren't doing what they want, they are antsy and ready to go.

We did the zip line and it took a lot of time. Well worth the time and money. It is such a nice and clean place. Also the workers are very friendly. No pushy push buy this and buy that.

We are looking forward to this day, so Zip line was worth it? What else is not to miss?

Yes, I reread it and you are thankfully correct. Thanks for the good news.lol

We look forward to our return to harvest caye. We had two grandkids and stayed quiet awhile but if you aren't doing what they want, they are antsy and ready to go.

We did the zip line and it took a lot of time. Well worth the time and money. It is such a nice and clean place. Also the workers are very friendly. No pushy push buy this and buy that.

We are looking forward to this day, so Zip line was worth it? What else is not to miss?

Grandkids loved the zip line (13&15). I am 69, yes 69 and I am glad I did it, but once was enough. The beach and pool was awesome. We want to do the little motorized boat. Very cheap. The shops were very reasonable. Little did I know you could bargain with them.. They are not pushy at all.

Actually there was so many places to just sit and look and relax it was fun. The smells of food was everywhere. We didn't eat there, just had cokes and ice cream .

The whole island was so clean.

We truly enjoyed this port.