Diamond Princess E728,E731 vs. upper decks

goat rancher

Hi,

We are beginning our research for a future cruise and looking at deck plans. We got spoiled by having a super sized balcony on another cruise line, so are looking to see if we can "sneak" into another cabin with a little balcony-size bonus:).

We cannot afford a regular suite, and are trying to decide between a mini suite and a regular balcony cabin. We noticed that the last cabin on either side just before the row of aft cabins SEEMS to have a bigger balcony on decks caribe/dolphin/emerald. The caribe are regular balcony cabins if I am remembering right, the emerald and dolphin (E728 and E731 and D737 and D736) are minisuites.

How much bigger ARE these balconies, and are there any obstructions or problems that would make them less desirable?

I am particularly wondering about the emerald deck cabins, since they are priced a little cheaper BUT happen to sit right over Club Fusion. Is this an issue? I don't like to be kept up all night by the thumping sound of band music and partying (though I don't mind engine noise).

Also, the laundry issue is important too....are any of these cabins a pain in the neck to get to the laundry room from??

• 10 months later...

It is a handicapped suite. When the twin beds are made into a queen you have no room to pass to the balcony. We complained vehemently and Princess did nothing.... I will never sail again with this line. There are others that are certainly more accommodating. Our travel agent tried to get compensation from the cruise line but finally she just gave up. So, I guess they did not want us again.

:mad:

The music from Club Fusion will not be that bad. If you are sensitive to noise, were ear plugs. Yes, those rooms on the Dolphin deck are handicap rooms. I found that out recently.

The mini suites on the Emerald deck have covered balconies. The mini suites on the Dolphin deck are fully exposed and people from above can see you if they peek down their balcony.

• 1 month later...

Archived