Rci Faq #3

Food and Beverage

Q: Do you have Kosher meals?

A: Only if special arrangements are made in advance. There is a minimum 45-day advance notice for Kosher meal requests on all itineraries, except for Europe and Hawaii, which require 8-week advance notice. These meals are prepackaged frozen meals.

Q: Which beverages are complimentary?

A: Freshly brewed regular and decaffeinated coffee, assorted teas, iced tea and lemonade in our restaurants. Juices are complimentary during breakfast.

Q: Do you have any drink packages?

A: Yes, the Wine and Dine Package for adults and the Unlimited Fountain Soda and Juice Package for kids and adults.

Health and Fitness

Q: Do you offer spa and salon services?

A: Yes.

Q: Is there a gym onboard?

Holidays

Q: Thanksgiving/Christmas: Is there a special meal?

Q: Is there a rabbi onboard?

A: Yes, but only during Passover and Hanukkah (when it coincides with Christmas).

Q: Is there a Sedar performed during Passover?

Q: Are religious services held onboard?

A: There is an interdenominational service every Sunday and a Sabbath service every Friday. On Passover, Easter, Christmas, and Hanukkah (when it coincides with Christmas), holiday services will be available.

Ice-Skating

Q: What do I need to bring in order to ice-skate?

A: All guests must wear clothing below the knee (long shorts and capri pants are permitted).

Mailing and Business Facilities

Q: Where can I buy stamps?

A: Purser's/Guest Relations Desk

Q: How do I mail my letters?

A: Dropoff box at Purser's/Guest Relations Desk.

Q: Are there fax facilities/secretarial facilites?

A: Fax - Yes (contact the Guest Relations/Business Services); Secretary - No.

Q: Is Internet access available?

A: Yes. We offer WiFi connectivity on all ships in selected hotspots onboard each ship. These hotspots vary by ship class. Guests need to use their own laptop buy can rent WiFi cards if their laptop does not have one. All ships have an internet cade onboard. RoyalCaribbean Online provides guests access to e-mail and the internet for a small fee. In addition, all Voyager-and Radiance-Class ships have internet connectivity available in staterooms. Guests can visit the Purser's Desk and for $100 per week receive unlimited usage.

On all of my RCL cruises, there has been a sign-up book at the tour desk (right next to the sign-up book for the passenger talent show) for Sabbath Services. RCL also asks for a passenger volunteer to conduct the services. For routine sailings, no Rabbi is contracted by RCL. RCL provides minimal prayer books, wine and a fresh Chala. Shabat shalom!

You mentioned that you can pay the pursors desk $100 for unlimited usage. Is this for your own laptop, or the ships computer?

It's $100/week for unlimited dial-up access in your cabin with your own laptop. Not lightning fast, but adequate for email. I even emailed photos back to my sister from our Panama Canal cruise. We also used AOL's IM program to "chat" real time. This was very useful, since we were gone for two weeks.

Happy cruising,

Susan

Archived