Interesting find regarding ships in port

In checking cruisitt (I think that is the site)... it lists the various ships in port and their passenger load for the dates we are sailing... HOWEVER, I checked also with Cruisecal.com and the amount of ships were conflicting.. THERE WERE MORE :eek: So if you happen to think you are the only one in port or there are only two ... check again... I even went to the cruiseline sites to make sure they listed the dates in question and that their ships would be there... sure does put a different spin on just how many people will be crowded those popular ports...

In checking cruisitt (I think that is the site)... it lists the various ships in port and their passenger load for the dates we are sailing... HOWEVER, I checked also with Cruisecal.com and the amount of ships were conflicting.. THERE WERE MORE :eek: So if you happen to think you are the only one in port or there are only two ... check again... I even went to the cruiseline sites to make sure they listed the dates in question and that their ships would be there... sure does put a different spin on just how many people will be crowded those popular ports...

I agree, something is wrong with cruisett. I went there last week to see where the Grand would be in October. It listed the Grand as docking in Capri instead of Naples. I checked with Princess and the Grand will be docking in Naples. I was excited because cruisett shows the Grand in port alone for most of our cruise. Wrong again! If anyone knows a more reliable site to check please let me know. Thanks!

I have found that cruisecal.com has been the most reliable.. I think, though you have to register now.. not sure if there is a cost.. I have belong to them for a long time. They don't tell the passenger load.. but I guess you could figure that out by going to the cruiseline sites and look up the ship, etc...

Tory

Cruisecal does cost money now. It's PayPal & I had trouble signing/subscribing. So, I was just using cruisett.com for my next trip. Saw just two ships in Santorini for May 13th on cruisett.com. Had I best sign up/subscribe to cruisecal now to make sure?

Any other options?

I agree, something is wrong with cruisett. I went there last week to see where the Grand would be in October. It listed the Grand as docking in Capri instead of Naples. I checked with Princess and the Grand will be docking in Naples. I was excited because cruisett shows the Grand in port alone for most of our cruise. Wrong again! If anyone knows a more reliable site to check please let me know. Thanks!

Couldn't be, only sailing vessels have permission to anchor at Capri.

Cruisecal does cost money now. It's PayPal & I had trouble signing/subscribing. So, I was just using cruisett.com for my next trip. Saw just two ships in Santorini for May 13th on cruisett.com. Had I best sign up/subscribe to cruisecal now to make sure?

Any other options?

Don't know if this will paste... but I have a subscription to Cruisecal... I am "assuming" you are on Splendor of the Seas... Here is what I found for May

Ship Date Port Other Ships in Port

Splendour Of The Seas 5/1/2009 At Sea

Splendour Of The Seas 5:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Dock) 5/2/2009 Venice, Italy Azamara Journey 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM (Dock)

Regatta

MSC Poesia 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM

Splendour Of The Seas 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Tender) 5/3/2009 Split, Croatia

Splendour Of The Seas 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Dock) 5/4/2009 Corfu, Greek Isles

Splendour Of The Seas 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM (Dock) 5/5/2009 Athens (Piraeus), Greece

Splendour Of The Seas 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM (Dock) 5/6/2009 Mykonos, Greece Seabourn Spirit 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM

MSC Musica

Splendour Of The Seas 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM (Dock) 5/7/2009 Katakolon, Olympia, Greece Costa Luminosa 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM

Costa Luminosa 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM

Splendour Of The Seas 5/8/2009 At Sea

Splendour Of The Seas 5:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Dock) 5/9/2009 Venice, Italy Costa Victoria Depart: 6:00 PM

Wind Spirit Arrive: 7:00 AM

Splendour Of The Seas 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM (Dock) 5/10/2009 Dubrovnik, Croatia Costa Fortuna 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM

MSC Armonia 8:30 AM - 2:00 PM

Splendour Of The Seas 5/11/2009 At Sea

Splendour Of The Seas 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM (Dock) 5/12/2009 Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey Ruby Princess 12:00 PM - 7:00 PM

Splendour Of The Seas 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Tender) 5/13/2009 Santorini, Thira, Greece MSC Musica 8:30 AM - 2:00 PM

Splendour Of The Seas 12:30 PM - 8:00 PM (Dock) 5/14/2009 Corfu, Greek Isles Costa Victoria 12:00 PM - 7:00 PM

Splendour Of The Seas 5/15/2009 At Sea

Splendour Of The Seas 5:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Dock) 5/16/2009 Venice, Italy Ruby Princess

Costa Victoria 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Insignia Depart: 6:00 PM

Splendour Of The Seas 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Tender) 5/17/2009 Split, Croatia

Splendour Of The Seas 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Dock) 5/18/2009 Corfu, Greek Isles

Splendour Of The Seas 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM (Dock) 5/19/2009 Athens (Piraeus), Greece Empress Depart: 7:00 PM (Dock)

Ruby Princess 9:00 AM - 6:45 PM

Silver Whisper 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Artemis 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Splendour Of The Seas 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM (Dock) 5/20/2009 Mykonos, Greece Nautica 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM

MSC Musica

Splendour Of The Seas 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM (Dock) 5/21/2009 Katakolon, Olympia, Greece Costa Luminosa 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM

Costa Luminosa 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM

Splendour Of The Seas 5/22/2009 At Sea

Splendour Of The Seas 5:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Dock) 5/23/2009 Venice, Italy Summit Depart: 3:00 PM (Dock)

Azamara Quest Arrive: 9:00 AM (Dock)

Seabourn Spirit Depart: 5:00 PM

Splendour Of The Seas 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Tender) 5/24/2009 Split, Croatia Summit 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Tender)

Splendour Of The Seas 5/25/2009 At Sea

Splendour Of The Seas 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM (Dock) 5/26/2009 Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey Nautica 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Splendour Of The Seas 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Tender) 5/27/2009 Santorini, Thira, Greece Summit 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM (Tender)

Celebrity Solstice 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM (Tender)

MSC Musica 8:30 AM - 2:00 PM

Splendour Of The Seas 12:30 PM - 8:00 PM (Dock) 5/28/2009 Corfu, Greek Isles Costa Victoria 12:00 PM - 7:00 PM

Aurora 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Splendour Of The Seas 5/29/2009 At Sea

Splendour Of The Seas 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Dock) 5/30/2009 Venice, Italy Crown Princess Depart: 1:00 PM

Seven Seas Navigator

Seabourn Spirit 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Splendour Of The Seas 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Tender) 5/31/2009 Split, Croatia Royal Princess 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM

I agree, cruisett only shows a few ships, not all. For example it shows some Costa ships, but the Concordia is not listed at all. Today it is in Izmir. According to cruisett I am not going anywhere in April. :D

It may be useful to see if you can find any other ships in port on embarkation day for transport sharing purposes etc, but it can't be relied upon to give the full picture. Cruisecal is much more accurate but unfortunately you have to pay for the information now.

Edit: Just thought I would add after looking at newbie's above post, if you are in Venice and there is an MSC or Costa ship in port, it will mean the free port shuttle will be running. (It should also be running on RCI days too as they are aslo now running round trips from Venice, but I think their Venice port days probably coi-incide with Costa or MSC anyway)

You might also like to try;

http://www.cruisereport.com/PortsOfCallList.aspx

I find it very helpful and there is no charge.

Rochelle

Thank you. I had not seen this option before.

I guess nothing is perfect though. For example, we will be in Olbia on the Oceania Regatta April 9, 2009 (a day when cruisereport.com says no ships will be in port in Olbia).

Thank you. I had not seen this option before.

I guess nothing is perfect though. For example, we will be in Olbia on the Oceania Regatta April 9, 2009 (a day when cruisereport.com says no ships will be in port in Olbia).

You are correct, nothing is perfect, but nice to not have to pay when gathering information. On my upcoming 24 day cruise it does not show us in one port, but I know we will be there!!:)

Rochelle

You are correct, nothing is perfect, but nice to not have to pay when gathering information. On my upcoming 24 day cruise it does not show us in one port, but I know we will be there!!:)

Rochelle

Agree.

I'm interested in the info, but not interested enough to pay for it!

Agree.

I'm interested in the info, but not interested enough to pay for it!

Cruisecal has the option of doing a monthly subscription, for $3./mo., and can be cancelled at any time.

If you only subscribed to it for a month or two when planning a cruise, the money spent could save the day for you in a place such as Santorini, where getting partial information from a free site will do little to help you plan your timing and activities there.

I too checked my upcoming Solstice cruise on cruisett.com

After reading this thread I went to cruisecal.com and subscribed on a month to month basis ($3.00/mo) and sure 'nuf..... one port was missing a ship.

Some ports not a big deal...others like Santorini where everyone must get "up the hill" it is a big deal for planning purposes.

I have found that cruisecal.com has been the most reliable.. I think, though you have to register now.. not sure if there is a cost.. I have belong to them for a long time. They don't tell the passenger load.. but I guess you could figure that out by going to the cruiseline sites and look up the ship, etc...

Tory

you now have to register and PAY for cruisecal.com:mad:

Archived