Need Reviews about Cruising Excursions.com

lynnick

Do a search on this board and on tripadviser. Reviews tend to vary from average (mediocre) to poor.

I wouldn't use them.

edited to add I'll save you some time.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10703-k5076481-o60-Shore_excursions_with_new_company_Cruising_Excursions-Cruises.html

This is a very harsh reply. I thought we were not supposed to give advise on tours we have not used. I did use your link and there are some very good reviews about this company.

This is a very harsh reply. I thought we were not supposed to give advise on tours we have not used. I did use your link and there are some very good reviews about this company.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1594836&highlight=cruisingexcursions

A poster in this thread links to several posts where people using cruising excursions posted their experience. Mixed.

They are a booking agent. JMO but I'd rather either spend the extra money and let the cruise ship pick the vendor/set up the tour or carefully research and book directly with a local vendor. Using a booking agent sets you up for the kinds of issues being posted. The fact that some, maybe even many, people have had a good experience doesn't mean you will. I can't see an upside to having another company in the mix.

My understanding is we're not allowed to recommend (suggest a tour is good) until we've taken the tour. I don't think that applies to the kind of general information I posted regarding how the company works (booking agent) or a link to where a reader can get information. Some people don't know to search places like tripadviser and cc.

There is an icon where you can report my post to a moderator. If my post vanishes then I'll apologize in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Avoid this company at all costs! I recently booked a shore excursion with them prior to a med cruise. My ship docked at 8:30. The tour left without me at 8:00. The company refused to refund my money!

We just got back last night from our 12 night med cruise with NCL Spirit. We used cruisingexcursions.com for 6 tours. We had no problems with any of the tours and enjoyed them all to varying degrees. It really all depends on the bus driver and the tour guide. We were an hour late in Rome and we were convinced that we would miss the tour but we all made it. They all worked very hard to make sure that no one missed out and everyone got back in time. They were usually small tours ( from 10 to 30 ) people and at every stop we saw the ships tour, so for a fraction of the price we were doing exactly what the ship was doing.

In Istanbul we wanted to go to the Grand Bizzare,which was not included with the tour, so after everyone agreeded they gave us two hours there for a small extra fee. It was great to have the flexibility to change things if we all wanted.

We would most definitely use them again. We had no problems finding them in port, they were always there waiting with their sign. Most of the same people used this tour group so by the end of the cruise we had made some good freinds and we all felt very comfortable together. We were able to have fun with each other. In a lot if ways it felt like a semi private tour without the cost.

Archived