Pigeon Island

qshari

I will be cruising to St. Lucia and am wondering if it is possible to visit Pigeon Island on our own. How far is it from the cruise pier? How do you get there and how much $? Anyone have any experience to share with this park? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Pigeon Island is about a 25-30min cab ride (about $20-25) from the pier.

We have done it several times. It is fun to look around at the remnants of the old fort.

There are two major hiking trails. One takes you up to one of the old look outs on the South end of the island. This one is paved and fairly steep, but not rugged.

The other is a rugged trail to another look out. This is really rugged and steep.

Great views from the top of both.

There is also a beach. No chairs, not sure about restrooms on the beach, but there are in the park.

If you have other questions you can email me at KNCRUISE@hotmail.com

Hope this info helps,

Ken

If you are into to history it is worth going to see. Take your camera as you will have excellent views of the bay and if it is a clear day you will see Martinique. It is great imagining what Admiral Rodney was thinking watching the French fleet coming over to attack the island back in the eighteenth century. St.Lucia changed hands fourteen times between Britain and France.

I remember when it was just an island before they connected it to the mainland. We used to sail over to it and explore it. It now is an official park with an entrance fee(not sure how much, it's been years since I lived there).

Enjoy your trip.

Perry

Agree with both posts, the island offers some great views, we took the excusion on the Brig Unicorn Pirate ship and my son and I climbed both peaks, didn't need an aerobic workout the rest of the day mind you...Great shots we had but very steep, rocky and challenging but worth it...Have a great time

Craig

Archived