Venice: St. Marks hotel to Courtyard Marriott hotel?

sandinmyshoes

Our flight out of Venice's Marco Polo airport departs at 6:55am. We are spending our 1st three nights at the Westin Europa & Regina on the Grand Canal close to St. Marks and then moving to the Courtyard by Marriott hotel by the airport for our last night. I would like suggestions on the fastest (and moderately to cheaply priced) way to get there. We will have arrived via rail into the Santa Lucia rail station and will store our main bags there while in Venice proper so we will need to go back through there to get our bags.

Has anyone done this before? I'm thinking this is the best way for catching an extra hour of sleep the morning of our flight. Am I correct, or would it be just as easy to stay at the Westin the entire time and travel to the airport another way?

Thank you all for your help and personal experience!

One more ? - The Marriott's website says they provide shuttle service from Santa Lucia station for a fee but it doesn't say how to arrange this or how much the fee is. Does anyone have experience using this service? How much and how to make a reservation for it? I have the phone number for the hotel, but my phone rates are terrible for calling so I'm hoping I can get the info here. Unfortunately I can't find an email address for the hotel.

Hi Sandinmyshoes,

I stayed at this hotel after a cruise in April, like you I had an early flight the next morning. I wish I could help you with the fee for the transportation from the Santa Lucia station, but the Marriott website has a toll free international number listed for Italy: 800 876022. (Yes, it looks like it is missing a digit, but this is what is listed :) )

When we disembarked, we took the ship transportation to the airport, then took the hotel shuttle to the hotel. We dropped our bags in our room, then took the local bus into Venice. It worked well! I would think a shuttle may be better for you with luggage, the bus was pretty full with locals, and not much room for bags. One tip about the airport shuttle, though, you have to sign up for it in advance, ask to be put on the list when you check-in. We were on the first shuttle out in the AM (something like the ungodly hour of 5am) for a 6:15 am flight. I believe the airport opens at 5am, when we arrived there was at least 75 people already ahead of us in the sloooow check-in line. It was probably the closest I have come to almost missing a flight in a long time! As for the hotel, I was pleasantly suprised by it: clean, modern, with friendly and helpful staff.

Enjoy your trip! Jenny

Archived