What is Carpetbagger’s Trinity Smothered Filet of Beef in the Bayou Grill?

chloe45

It was a filet mignon, I think it was 10 OZ., thick and juicy and I remember it having some type of sauce on it, it was brown so thinking it might be red wine based very tasty and in no way overwhelming. Of course I am sure you can order the sauce on the side. When the meat was delivered the waiter came around and offered a choice of different types of salts that they put on the side. The one I chose had a barbeque/smoke flavor and was very good.

Seven of the eight of us at our table ordered the filet, cooked a variety of ways, and each came out perfect. Even the lady across from me who ordered hers medium well, said hers was juicy and delicious. Mine cooked medium rare, was absolute perfection! :D

HOly Trinity is a type of spice mixture in Cajun cooking. It was very good, but you can have your steak made without the spice if you prefer.

The aromatic vegetables green bell pepper (poivron), onion, and celery are called the holy trinity by Cajun chefs in Cajun and Creole cuisines. Roughly diced and combined in cooking, the method is similar to the use of the mirepoix in traditional French cuisine which blends roughly diced onion, celery and carrot. Characteristic aromatics for the Creole version may also include parsley, bay leaf, green onions, dried cayenne pepper, and dried black pepper.

The filet at the Bayou Cafe or at a Crown Grill on other ships is our favorite meal on a cruise. The last time I dined at the Bayou Cafe, I could get a lobster tail with my filet for $5 more. It was twice the size of the lobster tail served in the main dining room.

Now you are talking. Right up my alley adding the lobster tail.:D:D