Help needed to choose AFT balcony Deck 7 Jewel Of the Seas

batas

Hi everyone,

I need your help here. My husband and I are looking to book our FIRST AFT balcony on Deck 7 on Jewel of the seas.

I tried to look for pictures and info specific to this deck but all I found was for higher decks 8, 9 and 10 ( better space on balcony, view, etc). For our cruise only deck 7 AFT is left :(

I always love reading your helpful hints.

1: Are there any loungers on Deck 7 in addition to the regular chairs and small table on the balcony? ( I heard the balconies are a little bit smaller on deck 7 and they might not have space for loungers)

2: 7172 is too narrow and not worth being above the noise from Congo Bar, where band is located in that corner?

3: Any noise issues from other cabins beside 7172 from the downstairs bar and lounge?

Any pictures from AFT balconies on this deck 7 from Jewel of the Seas will be appreciated.

Thank you

Your information about 7172 is exactly right. We sailed in that cabin and heard the bass of the music every night until around midnight. It wasn't terrible but I would pick a different cabin if one is available. We did have 2 chairs and 2 lounges.

Given that we love aft cabins, we would choose that deck again if that was all that was available. From what I have read, the other cabins do not have noise issues.

Hi everyone,

I need your help here. My husband and I are looking to book our FIRST AFT balcony on Deck 7 on Jewel of the seas.

I tried to look for pictures and info specific to this deck but all I found was for higher decks 8, 9 and 10 ( better space on balcony, view, etc). For our cruise only deck 7 AFT is left :(

I always love reading your helpful hints.

1: Are there any loungers on Deck 7 in addition to the regular chairs and small table on the balcony? ( I heard the balconies are a little bit smaller on deck 7 and they might not have space for loungers)

2: 7172 is too narrow and not worth being above the noise from Congo Bar, where band is located in that corner?

3: Any noise issues from other cabins beside 7172 from the downstairs bar and lounge?

Any pictures from AFT balconies on this deck 7 from Jewel of the Seas will be appreciated.

Thank you

7172 aft

You may hear muffled music from the lounge not loud did not bother us.

Not as large as other aft balconies nut still had a lounger table chair

Quiet rear aft hallway we did not have noisy people when we went

I would book the cabin again

1816985926_balconyaftBrilliance7172.jpg.7e6b3566fa79ec6380ee32f4c83110e5.jpg

Your information about 7172 is exactly right. We sailed in that cabin and heard the bass of the music every night until around midnight. It wasn't terrible but I would pick a different cabin if one is available. We did have 2 chairs and 2 lounges.

Given that we love aft cabins, we would choose that deck again if that was all that was available. From what I have read, the other cabins do not have noise issues.

Thank you very much for your reply. I heard that was only one lounger or no loungers at all on deck 7 AFT cabins... Do you happen to have any pics of the 7172 balcony? Did it feel crowded due to the corner shape with all the furniture?

Thank you again.

7172 aft

You may hear muffled music from the lounge not loud did not bother us.

Not as large as other aft balconies nut still had a lounger table chair

Quiet rear aft hallway we did not have noisy people when we went

I would book the cabin again

[ATTACH]289109[/ATTACH]

Thank you for your replay. We are in our early 30s so music noise would not be a big problem I guess.

That being said is the extra space in 7172 ( corner AFT) a plus over the neighbor cabins 7174 or 7176? Or is not used because is narrow and I should better go towards the middle? Any thoughts?

Thank you for the pic.

Thank you very much.

Thank you for your replay. We are in our early 30s so music noise would not be a big problem I guess.

That being said is the extra space in 7172 ( corner AFT) a plus over the neighbor cabins 7174 or 7176? Or is not used because is narrow and I should better go towards the middle? Any thoughts?

Thank you for the pic.

Thank you very much.

The cabin itself is the same size as the other cabins on deck 7 aft so if you are booking it because you think the cabin is bigger, it isn't. Deck 10 corner aft cabins on Voyager and Freedom class ships are bigger but they are the exception.

The balcony is narrow but was as deep as a lounge chair. It does taper off to just enough room to stand at the railing as you get into the corner but there is ample room for two people to comfortably sit and enjoy a drink or three.:p

The cabin itself is the same size as the other cabins on deck 7 aft so if you are booking it because you think the cabin is bigger, it isn't. Deck 10 corner aft cabins on Voyager and Freedom class ships are bigger but they are the exception.

The balcony is narrow but was as deep as a lounge chair. It does taper off to just enough room to stand at the railing as you get into the corner but there is ample room for two people to comfortably sit and enjoy a drink or three.:p

Thank you for the replay.

So there is space for only one lounge chair not two? can you slide the lounge chair in that tapering off area to use the space, or it is too narrow?

Its our first AFT and is only 40 $/pp to upgrade..so we might do it :) Sounds like a good deal.

The nice thing about corner aft is the side views along with the aft. The lower the balcony the tighter the corner, but you can still get some great camera shots coming into port or just cruising. They are SUNNY but the view when you wake in the morning looking out the glass doors is fantastic without ever leaving the bed.

Thank you for the replay.

So there is space for only one lounge chair not two? can you slide the lounge chair in that tapering off area to use the space, or it is too narrow?

Its our first AFT and is only 40 $/pp to upgrade..so we might do it :) Sounds like a good deal.

There should be room for two lounge chairs. We were on a NE/Canada cruise so we really weren't laying out in the sun too much.:D This picture was taken with me all the way over in the narrow part of the balcony. The lounge chairs are actually on their side against the balcony divider. They were that way when we boarded and just left them there.

098.jpg.5e40ae3bc4e9042f67459d726dee53ca.jpg

The nice thing about corner aft is the side views along with the aft. The lower the balcony the tighter the corner, but you can still get some great camera shots coming into port or just cruising. They are SUNNY but the view when you wake in the morning looking out the glass doors is fantastic without ever leaving the bed.

Sunny is good for us and we love taking pics so it should be a nice upgrade. Thanks for the info.

There should be room for two lounge chairs. We were on a NE/Canada cruise so we really weren't laying out in the sun too much.:D This picture was taken with me all the way over in the narrow part of the balcony. The lounge chairs are actually on their side against the balcony divider. They were that way when we boarded and just left them there.

You were on Jewel OTS? Thank you for the pic. I hear so much contradicting info about these cabins and if there are loungers of not. I will make sure to post some pics when we come back in December. Thanks again.

You were on Jewel OTS? Thank you for the pic. I hear so much contradicting info about these cabins and if there are loungers of not. I will make sure to post some pics when we come back in December. Thanks again.

Yes, it was Jewel. Jewel used to do NE/Canada cruises in September and October and then reposition down to Florida. Brilliance is now doing that route.

We all seem to have different opinions of aft cabins. You will hear the ones that say the walk all the way aft is very, very long. Others have had soot issues (we didn't on Jewel, we did on Mariner). Some heard loud noise all the time, others heard nothing. Then if you start talking about Voyager class and Freedom class, the posts get even more conflicting.

Try it out for yourself and see if you like it. We just tried a JS that was more forward than we usually book. We liked the cabin and will likely book JS from now on but we did not like the location at all. We were about 10 cabins back from the forward elevators and found we were always walking aft to go anywhere. We didn't mind the exercise but just didn't find the location convenient. If we don't get an aft facing cabin on our next cruise, we will at least book closer to the aft elevators.

Yes, it was Jewel. Jewel used to do NE/Canada cruises in September and October and then reposition down to Florida. Brilliance is now doing that route.

We all seem to have different opinions of aft cabins. You will hear the ones that say the walk all the way aft is very, very long. Others have had soot issues (we didn't on Jewel, we did on Mariner). Some heard loud noise all the time, others heard nothing. Then if you start talking about Voyager class and Freedom class, the posts get even more conflicting.

Try it out for yourself and see if you like it. We just tried a JS that was more forward than we usually book. We liked the cabin and will likely book JS from now on but we did not like the location at all. We were about 10 cabins back from the forward elevators and found we were always walking aft to go anywhere. We didn't mind the exercise but just didn't find the location convenient. If we don't get an aft facing cabin on our next cruise, we will at least book closer to the aft elevators.

I do agree that everyone has a different experience. I really appreciate your help and comments. We decided to upgrade to 7172 and we will see for ourselves. I am sure we will enjoy it. It is vacation time after all :)

Hi,

Do you happen to have any other pics for the 7172 balcony or of the room? I have been tring to look everywhere for pics from this room, but no luck Thank you very much :)

Hi,

Do you happen to have any other pics for the 7172 balcony or of the room? I have been tring to look everywhere for pics from this room, but no luck Thank you very much :)

Yes, I do have other pictures but they are on my DH laptop which is with him at work. I will check what he has later on tonight when he gets home. I know he took more with his camera than I did with mine. The only others I have of the balcony have him in them and we don't post pictures on the internet. I will get him to transfer them to my laptop and port them later tonight.

Yes, I do have other pictures but they are on my DH laptop which is with him at work. I will check what he has later on tonight when he gets home. I know he took more with his camera than I did with mine. The only others I have of the balcony have him in them and we don't post pictures on the internet. I will get him to transfer them to my laptop and port them later tonight.

Thank you. I appreciate it :)

I love the AFT cabins on the Jewel (my favorite ship). All the AFT's have 2 lounges, 2 chairs and a small table. The inner ones are very deep where the ends are narrow. Also, the corner cabin balconies are not as covered as the inner ones.

Edited by travelbug11

We're in 1104 next April. Here are a couple photos of the balcony. I would hope yours is the same.

That looks very nice :) I think 7172 ( the one I have) is much more narrow balcony being a corner and lower. I am still waiting to see if there are any pics for it. Maybe someone has some :)

Looking forward to see the pics from 7172, especially the balcony, when you have a chance to get them from DH computer later tonight. Thank you so much :)

• 3 weeks later...
7172 Jewel as requested:

DSC_0002_zps872626fd.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsf61b07df.jpg

DSC_0004_zpsdb10e8b6.jpg

Sailed on Jewel in September. No issues with soot or noise. My wife and I enjoyed the walk to the cabin.

Thank you very much. This helps my decision :)