Looking for Feedback on Princess Cruises

wildtky101

We started with NCL, then found Princess which became our favorite. In the past few years Princess has implemented a severe cutback program in both quality and service, so much so that we hesitate to recommend Princess since the things we most enjoyed about the experience have changed. We went back to NCL and really enjoyed it. Princess is more traditional, similar to Celebrity but harder to get a table for two if that is important to you. The Island Princess added cabins and got rid of public space lately so we have avoided it, used to be one of our favorites.

Edited by DrJohn
clarification

We’re Princess cruisers-Island is not our favorite ship.

If you’re doing the Panama Canal you might want to think about the Coral Princess-sister ship but much better viewing areas. Coral Has a small International Cafe.[emoji6]

If you’re looking for more things to do I’d suggest one of the bigger ships like the Caribbean Princess-one of my favorites!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you everyone for all of your feedback! It’s been very helpful. We ended up booking Princess for our cruise in December. We’re excited to try a new cruise line [emoji4]

Thanks for the info. We are a married couple, 41 and 45. Kids are in college so we typically cruise with just the 2 of us. We do like to have a few cocktails with dinner and on sea days and enjoy listening to bands and maybe a comedy show or 2 but are usually in bed by 11ish [emoji4]. I think I would like the traditional experience with a fun and comfortable twist!

While the demographic may be a little older than you, we've also met 30-something year olds who really enjoyed the Princess atmosphere :)

We're in the "older" group but have really enjoyed the music options on Princess - they always have a piano player in Crooners, along with other bands, duos, & such playing in the other lounges. We also like the Trivia contests held both during the day & in the evening. We keep saying each time we have to watch a movie with MUTS but so far have been too busy otherwise to do so!

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Forums mobile app

We started with NCL, then found Princess which became our favorite. In the past few years Princess has implemented a severe cutback program in both quality and service, so much so that we hesitate to recommend Princess since the things we most enjoyed about the experience have changed. We went back to NCL and really enjoyed it. Princess is more traditional, similar to Celebrity but harder to get a table for two if that is important to you. The Island Princess added cabins and got rid of public space lately so we have avoided it, used to be one of our favorites.

What is your favorite Princess ship and your favorite NCL ship? Thanks

What is your favorite Princess ship and your favorite NCL ship? Thanks

Tough question! We loved the Grand, have really enjoyed the Crown Class ships, learning how to enjoy the Royal class, but the Coral might edge out the others for favorite ship. We like the size of the NCL ships like Dawn and Pearl, the Epic is quirky and fun, and we haven't been on the other new ships. Don't really have a NCL favorite yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Tough question! We loved the Grand, have really enjoyed the Crown Class ships, learning how to enjoy the Royal class, but the Coral might edge out the others for favorite ship. We like the size of the NCL ships like Dawn and Pearl, the Epic is quirky and fun, and we haven't been on the other new ships. Don't really have a NCL favorite yet.

Thank you for your feedback. I have sailed on NCL Jade before her refurb. I liked the ship and want to go back because I watched a video that showed her post refurb and she looks fabulous. Have only sailed Emerald Princess and have Caribbean Princess booked next Feb. Again, thanks for feedback