Carnival Legend, ALASKA!, My First Trip Report, Sept. 2017

Hi, everyone!

I have just finished my first ever "posted" trip report. Yep, it is a bit late---the cruise was last fall, Sept. 2017, on the Carnival Legend. I went ahead with it because over the years of reading many reports on CC I never saw that many on ALASKA!

Here is the link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2632022

I have a blue million pictures in it. Yes, I take tons of pictures and like to revisit my vacations that way. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoyed taking them. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to try to answer them.

Happy Cruising!

LaRose

Awesome review! Thanks.

We are doing our second Alaska cruise on the Legend this August.

You are very welcome! And I wish I had a 2nd one booked/planned. I thought my cruise would probably be my one and only to Alaska. But, I think I will end up going back at some point! Enjoy your upcoming cruise!

Enjoyed your review. I am on the Legend in June of 2019 and it will be the first trip to Alaska for me!

Thank you! And I must tell you-----be prepared to be overwhelmed. I think you will love it. Have fun, and please share pics when you return. I need some more vicarious travel to Alaska! As in, I love reading about everyone else's trips too!

Stellar review!! Only 36 days until DH & I board the Legend for our 10th Anniversary cruise to Alaska. We booked in December of 2016 and I can't believe it's finally almost here. I have read some of the same Alaska cruise reviews over and over; what a pleasure to see a new one.Your pics have made me even more excited. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Stellar review!! Only 36 days until DH & I board the Legend for our 10th Anniversary cruise to Alaska. We booked in December of 2016 and I can't believe it's finally almost here. I have read some of the same Alaska cruise reviews over and over; what a pleasure to see a new one.Your pics have made me even more excited. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Thank you for the compliment! And now you have just 33 days! I'm excited for you, and know you'll have the time of your life. Enjoy every little bit of it. I know about the re-reading reviews---I did the same thing because there just aren't that many on Alaska for some reason. That's one reason I posted my review/report---to share my eyeview with others. Have fun!

Excellent review., thanks for sharing. :D

Thank you, and you are welcome. I enjoy reading everyone else's reviews----makes a little pretend trip for me! The cruise line probably benefits the most from my reading reviews---when I can't stand it and book another cruise!

NOTE about LEGEND-----I just read that apparently during Legend's drydock in the last couple of weeks the 4K interior French Door cabins had those doors that actually could be opened replaced with floor to ceiling windows. So, no more fresh air for those cabins. They have changed the description to "obstructed view interior". You still pay a premium price for those.

If you were looking at these simply because of the French doors, just be aware they no longer exist. I personally would still book these cabins. Especially near the rear elevators! Love that location.

What was he weather like in September? Any sight of the northern lights?

We had more mist, fog, and light drizzle than any heavy rain. And we had bits of sun on the first and last days which were sea days nearer to Seattle and Vancouver. Ketchikan had rain all day; they only have a few non-rainy days out of their entire year! Think rainforest!

The temps ranged from upper 30s-low 40s in Glacier Bay. Our Skagway day was probably mid to upper 50s---we had light jackets with us but both wore short sleeve shirts that day. I would say mostly overall about mid-40s to mid-50s.

No Northern Lights. We were too far south. I think on rare occasions they may be able to see a few in the Juneau and Skagway area.

What was he weather like in September? Any sight of the northern lights?

We had more mist, fog, and light drizzle than any heavy rain. And we had bits of sun on the first and last days which were sea days nearer to Seattle and Vancouver. Ketchikan had rain all day; they only have a few non-rainy days out of their entire year! Think rainforest!

The temps ranged from upper 30s-low 40s in Glacier Bay. Our Skagway day was probably mid to upper 50s---we had light jackets with us but both wore short sleeve shirts that day. I would say mostly overall about mid-40s to mid-50s.

No Northern Lights. We were too far south. I think on rare occasions they may be able to see a few in the Juneau and Skagway area.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums