I need comments from users of Bob's Limosine Service in Rome

suzanne1109

I would like to hear from anyone who may have utilized the services of "Bob" in Rome; i.e. tours - which ones? how would you rate them and how would you rate the service, etc. Promptness, etc. I am particularly interested in Vatican City tours - any thoughts?

I read about Bob on the Cruise Critic and went to his site. Read the testimonials and they were very favorable. I have contacted him and he has sent me rates.. He answers your e-mails promptly. However, I also would like to know if someone has used him recently for tours and what they thought.

I have read all of his testimonials - and I know how prompt they are about responding to emails. What I would like to know is (from anyone that may have already used their services) their promptness (of pick-up times) their reliability, expertise, etc. As well, I would like to know which tours you have taken with them. I actually booked 2 airport transfers, tour of Rome by night - and am cinsidering booking their Vatican City private guided tour. I know there must be somebody out there who has utilized Bob's sercices. I remember getting the referral from this board. Thank you.

suzi-q
I filled out Bob's reservation form on his site and got back an automatic reply. I have not heard anything else from him. When you booked your airport transfers and tours, did you use his form, or sent him an e-mail directly? And, how did he respond to you? Thanks.

Silver Whisper
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;7;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]

iNITIALLY i EMAILED HIM DIRECTLY, THEN HE EMAILED ME TO SAY TO USE HIS FORM, THEN i WAS EMAILED A CONFIRMATION. APPARENTLY, HE HAS 2 WEB-SITES... YOUCAN EMAIL HIM DIRECTLY AT [email]BOB@ROMELIMOUSINES.COM[/email].

Thanks suzi-q. Will do that. I do wish someone would write you back about his services. I am going to check the testimonials and see if anyone left their e-mail address. Will let you know what I find out.

Silver Whisper
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;7;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]

I have used him multiple times in Italy; most recently last month in Rome, Naples and Livorno. His drivers have always been excellent, courteous and English-speaking. I highly recommend his company. E-mail me for any specific questions.

Richard,
I am new to the Boards. I have been reading the Boards for a long time and finally decided to join. I am totally confused as to the order of the dates on most of the topics on Silversea. I cannot even find some of mine anymore. What happended to the date sequence of the messages.

Also, I can I send you an e-mail?

Silver Whisper

• 2 months later...
[quote name='Host Richard']I have used him multiple times in Italy; most recently last month in Rome, Naples and Livorno. His drivers have always been excellent, courteous and English-speaking. I highly recommend his company. E-mail me for any specific questions.[/QUOTE]
Do they also do transfers between cities? I want to get a car from Siena or Florence to Rome. Do you know if they do it?

After doing much research on the web and on cruise critic, we arranged for Bob's limos while in Rome. One transfer to our hotel from the airport and another from the hotel to the cruise ship pier in Citavecchia three days later. Our airport transfer was uneventful. Can't remember our driver's name. He did say that he would be transferring us to the pier later in the week.
While we were in Rome, we decided that we would like to do a Vatican tour. Our driver's card and our confirmation had Bob's local phone number. Tried calling Bob's limos four times.. Each time someone answered it was a very unprofessional "hello" (instead of Bob's limos) and there were children screaming in the background. I identified myself and while asking for additional limo service was either disconnected or hung up on. We gave up.
Looking so forward to our cruise, we waitied for our original driver. He never showed. Instead we got a very young, non english speaking driver. I mean NO english. He did know enough to call his supervisor when we could not communicate. As I was talking to his supervisor (we wanted to make one stop on our way to the pier) I asked him about the phone calls I had tried to make 2 days earlier. He told me that they were having phone troubles and he was sorry. hmmm. Something did not sound right.
On our way to the pier, our driver's phone kept ringing. His driving got worse and worse. He was braking, accelerating, sweating. It was making us very nervous. We tried to keep as quiet as we could in the back seat so not to bother him. We prayed for a safe trip to the ship. Seriously.
In our opinion we would not use Bob's limo's again.

Wow, what a difference from our experience...

We had booked online for 2 airport transfers with a Mercedes Sedan and a tour of Rome. That's all I had to do to ensure that our trip to Rome (3 days) would be great.

All pickups were prompt, and on the second morning, Fabio showed up with a bottle of champagne and orange juice for us. He drove us all over the city of Rome comfortably, knowledgably, courteously and safely. (40E perhour) Fabio was just fabulous (hence, the name??) and spoke perfectly understandable English...

ASK FOR FABIO!!!!!

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I would not go to Italy again without utilizing the services of Bob's Limousines.

Sue,
I am glad that you had a nice experience. There is nothing worse than being in a foreign country with an uncomfortable feeling.
Prior to our trip, two companies came recommended... Bob's Limos and Danielle with Executive Limousine Service. After researchng both, I decided to go with Bob's. He is an American who transplanted to Italy.. What a great job and who better than an american to show us around. His price was also about $10 less. What a mistake.
Lisa

I have to agree with luvtojump. ill never use bobs limousines service again. i had booked and confirmed a pickup at civitavecchia into rome several months in advance (for may). upon disembarkation i stood there and waited for forty-five minutes (after the confirmed pickup time) while everyone elses cars arrived. finally another passenger using bobs limos came up and offered to take us along. i had their driver call the office who informed us that our driver had been stopped by the police and was on his way. fifteen minutes later (an hour late) he arrived. the driver was apologetic and nice but i did not enjoy standing around on the pier for an hour.

that, however, was not the worst part. we had also booked them to pick up up at the hotel two days later to go to the airport. after the experience at the pier i asked for the drivers assurance they would be there at the appointed and preconfirmed time, which was 5:30 AM for an 8AM flight. (the irony here is that when i called to arrange this i had asked to be picked up at 6AM and they urged me to make it 5:30 to be sure and i agreed.) i also had the concierge at the hotel call again to make sure they were coming and was given complete assurance. sure enough at 5:30 i was standing in front of the hotel and no car. by 5:45 i'd had it and asked the doorman to call a taxi. just as we were loading our luggage into the cab the car pulls up and the driver tried to tell me i had booked a 5:45 pickup ( a time which had never even been discussed.) I told him to forget it and tell bob to make sure he didnt charge my credit card for the transfer. i was so disgusted with them. one screwup i can forgive. two i wont. so my advice is if you book with bobs limousine service make sure you have a backup plan.

Archived