Does the NCL Pearl have the I Concierge App.

Ctrinh225

I believe the Pearl has the app as well. https://www.ncl.com/apps Can you tell me the cost to be able to text people you are on the cruise with? I can't seem to find the cost listed anywhere. I only see where they say it is a nominal fee.

If I remember correctly, it was $7.95 per phone for the whole duration of cruise. My sister and I would text where we were or when to meet for dinner etc.. Love it! You can also book shows and dinners on it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly, it was $7.95 per phone for the whole duration of cruise. My sister and I would text where we were or when to meet for dinner etc.. Love it! You can also book shows and dinners on it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great! Thank you for the information!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Pearl. It has the app. Costs $9.99 per device. We found that it did not work very well. Telephone ring and text message bing were very, very low, and messages and calls only came through if you actually had the app open on your phone. Basically, you only got the messages if the app was open and you were looking at it.

We were on The Pearl in July and it was awful.

But when you pay for it, I-messaging generally works. So if you all have Apple devices then great. Talk of NCL closing this loophole, but it still worked on The Epic 4 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

couldn't you just use WhatsApp?

On a cruise ship, each person using something like WhatsApp is going to need to have access to WiFi inTERnet, not just ship's "free" inTRAnet ... ; with, an unlimited plan for it to stay on standby & ready to use mode.

Just got off the Pearl on Sunday. The service on the app was spotty at best. Lots of missed calls and texts. I think we are going to invest in walkie talkies for our next sail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Reviews posted for use of the text & calling features of the App has been a mixed bag at best, also varied by ships,

Likewise, do you really believe the so-called walkie talkies are going to solve those spotty coverage issue on a big ship with metals and zero line-of-sights, unless you are on the outdoor pool/sun decks ?? And, officers & crews onboard the ship do not communicate with portable radios - have you seen them using it, aside from port/pier/cruise terminal operations on VHF marine frequencies, usually up on the bridge.

Suggested alternatives - preset a regular "checking in" time & meeting place and/or use the free in-room voice mail system ... along with old fashion sticky notes inside the cabin.