Is there a special needs muster on Epic?

pls5286

Does the Epic have a special location for those who have mobility issues? Just curious as to I will be using a scooter on this cruise and due to health issues cannot walk without some assistance. Not sure if it will be a cane or crutches yet, it just depends on how things go.

We have never been on the Epic. But have had issues on NCL and RCCL with injuries and were accommodated nicely. NCL was much easier as the GetAway and Escape both had inside muster drills. The Escape was more difficult because it was in O'Sheehans and very crowded (wife had a high ankle sprain no crutches but she was hobbling.)

I had a neck injury on RCCL, could walk fine but standing still for any length of time was extremely painful, muster was outside and bringing a chair out would have been a carnival of errors. They let me sit inside around the corner.

You will be fine, go early, let your muster leader know what is going on. They will check you in and make accommodations.

Does the Epic have a special location for those who have mobility issues? Just curious as to I will be using a scooter on this cruise and due to health issues cannot walk without some assistance. Not sure if it will be a cane or crutches yet, it just depends on how things go.

In the past, we have had private muster drills due to our son who is severely autistic. But then we were in the Garden Villas? So not sure what part that played in all of this. But if I were you, I would contact the Special Needs Dept.. at NCL and see what they say.

Also, we have cruised with my mom in a mobility scooter several times, we have always spoken with the access person when we board through handicapped boarding where our muster station is and what time the elevators will be turned off. Then we ensure that we are on the deck of the muster station before the elevators are turned off so that she can avoid the mad crush of people.