Princess Excursions in Mexican Riviera

rbslos18

We are trying to decide on a Princess beach excursion in Manzanillo or Mazatlan for our January cruise. Both involve a resort hotel. Mazatlan is the Family Beach Resort and the Manzanillo excursion has time, if desired, for shopping which is of no interest to us.

We did post this on the Mexican Riviera Board but we are looking for Princess specific excursions.

Any suggestions? Which would you choose?

Thanks so much!

RB

We are trying to decide on a Princess beach excursion in Manzanillo or Mazatlan for our January cruise. Both involve a resort hotel. Mazatlan is the Family Beach Resort and the Manzanillo excursion has time, if desired, for shopping which is of no interest to us.

We did post this on the Mexican Riviera Board but we are looking for Princess specific excursions.

Any suggestions? Which would you choose?

Thanks so much!

RB

Be careful of the beach resort that they are offering. We went on one in Manzanillo that was horrible. We had been there before and just got a taxi to Las Hadas and bought a day pass for a fraction of the price and that was excellent. The Barcelo is also fabulous in Manzanillo ... the one they took us too was Terra Sol or something like that is it was so awful they returned our money to us ... and even paid for the taxi to get us back to the ship. Major failure ... but there are some wonderful resorts you can go to on your own if the resort is not rated very well on Trip Advisor.

Be careful of the beach resort that they are offering. We went on one in Manzanillo that was horrible. .

Ditto! The locals took all the chairs and umbrellas at the resort and we had to walk a good ways down the beach and "rent" a chair and umbrella. Of course, to use the bathroom or get a drink/food, you had to hike back to the resort. Worst excursion ever!

Ditto! The locals took all the chairs and umbrellas at the resort and we had to walk a good ways down the beach and "rent" a chair and umbrella. Of course, to use the bathroom or get a drink/food, you had to hike back to the resort. Worst excursion ever!

That's what we experienced as well ... except we couldn't even get the food or drink that came with the tour as they claimed they were late in getting it set up. We put up with no place to sit, nothing to eat or drink for about 2 hours and when it looked like we weren't going to get anything that supposedly came with the tour, we just got a cab back to the ship and had a wonderful time.

There are wonderful resorts in Manzanillo, so I would definitely try to find out which resort they have booked for that excursion. Las Hadas is old but lovely ... it was the resort for the movie '10' with Bo Derek and Dudley Moore. And as I mentioned, the Barcelo is also wonderful. If you decide against the beach resort, the Turtle Sanctuary trip was one of the best tours I've ever taken in Mexico.

That left such a sour taste in my mouth that I now just stay on the ship. Always fun there. :D

I've done other resorts in other Mex Riv ports with no problems.

I don't blame you one little bit. That is pretty much how I feel about Mazatlan in general. And, the last couple of times in Puerto Vallarta even is making me reconsider getting off the ship there. I really do love Mexico ... I just can't handle it when they engage in that false advertising and all the constant pestering in some of the ports. Manzanillo, La Paz and Loreto are just the best, though.

I don't blame you one little bit. That is pretty much how I feel about Mazatlan in general. And, the last couple of times in Puerto Vallarta even is making me reconsider getting off the ship there. I really do love Mexico ... I just can't handle it when they engage in that false advertising and all the constant pestering in some of the ports. Manzanillo, La Paz and Loreto are just the best, though.

This post is about Manzanillo.

I love Mazatlan. :cool: