Nearest airport to Monte Carlo

Archipelago

I am thinking of adding on another segment to my cruise which ends in Monte Carlo . My question is ... what major airport is close to there that I can fly home to Charlotte ? I have been to Monte Carlo before when I was in college and would like to go back .

Thanks !!!

Kiwifruit, I know the taxis on the Cote d'Azure are expensive, and if you know of a helicopter service that can do the transfer for less, I'd love to know it, too. Can you post the firm's name or web link on this board?

Sorry to Archipelago for hijacking the thread.

B

Hi BindarDundat,

There are a couple of helicopter companies operating this shuttle but they both seem to charge the same. You may wish to check out http://www.heliairmonaco.com , as you will see the one way fare is 73 Euro but this also includes a shuttle from the heliport in Monaco to wherever you are staying. The flight really is spectacular so worth the ride even if you decide to do it just in one direction. Taxis are very expensive from Nice Airport to Monaco but you can use public transport (bus from airport to Nice and the train to Monte Carlo) but personally at the end of a long flight I could not be bothered by the hassle. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I'm not sure if you will be entitled to the generous two peice allowance that you enjoy travelling out of North America or if you are restricted to 20kgs as is the norm outside the US. We didn't run into any problems but then again we tend to travel fairly lightly. Suggest you contact the operator to check.

Archived