Myanmar-Thailand-Malaysia, any experience?

koss

We are thinking about going on the Jan.16th sailing on the Spirit leaving from Singapore for Myanmar, Thailand & Malaysia. Has anyone been on that itinerary and therefor experience on the pros & cons of that routing? They are offering huge discounts on that cruise so that kind of makes me wonder if there is something I don´t know ...

Hi, I think this would be a wonderful trip. As far as the discounts dont worry. All the cruiselines are offering them. Crystal just offered 995.00pp for 1 week including on 100 pp on board ship credit, plus other bonuses. Unreal. My mother just did something like that routing and loved it. She gave me permission to give you her email address. Write her...She will have lots to tell you.:) denenbergj@aol.com

Though I do not worry too much about it, there is a little trick that reduces the chance of "scum" finding an email address on boards like this and spreading it around. There are programs that can go through various boards, etc. and find email addresses and harvest them. Hence my term "scum".

Anyway, you slightly alter the way you post it so that the dumb computer misses it. for example, instead of

susie@aol.com

you enter susie at aol.com or

susie @ aol.com (notice the extra spacing)

or susie @ aol . com

or susie(no spam)@aol.com (you would need to remove the no spam part)

Hopefully the human that you really want to email you is smart enough to type it correctly. Of course, somebody will try to enter it with the spaces and wonder why it keeps bouncing back. Oh well.

Oh, another hint. Email address can be cAps or noT. Really. The computer does not look at that.

We live in Perth Western Australia and often holiday (and have lived) in Asia. This is a fantastice route, the fact that you can spend a few days in Burma is a real plus. We have friends who have just returned and raved about the temples and the country. We have been to Thailand numerous times and we really love it. Malaysia is also a country we have visited many times and also Singapore. You will be able to get a real feel for Asia in different ways - Singapore a very clean well run city, beach resorts and then untamed Burma. All I can say is go for it, what an excellent cruise at a great price.

We cruised this itinerary two years ago and it was one of our most memorable experiences. The temples in Myanmar (an all-day excursion) are well worth the time and price. You will not see anthing like this anywhere else. The Burmese are delightful (although very repressed) people and it was a highlight of our trip to visit them. And there's nothing wrong with caviar and champagne in the surf, with a terrific barbecue lunch afterwards, off Thailand to make you feel really pampered.

• 1 month later...

I am also considering a 28 day cruise there - can't decide on the singapore/burma run or the thailand/vietnam/hong kong run .... so what the hay - will do both

All are places i have never been but have always wanted to see. And what a way to see it - on a seaborn ship.

i was considering jan 16 and feb 27th dates - both are heavily discounted and that is a plus not a minus - for me anyway. I am leaning toward the feb departure but the jan one is more in the sweet spot of the season.

what rates are you looking at ... best i can do is $4400 for each 14 day leg. My experience with seaborne is that 250 a day is about as low as they will go - 300 or so a day is digestable and definately a bargin for me - love to eat and drink !

hope you go - looks like a marvelous trip

Archived