Should I expect to smell smoke with a balcony cabin?

saraet4464

The port side of the Lanai (deck 5) on Vista is the smoking side. We purposely booked starboard side to avoid potential smoke.

Regarding smoking on balconies, since the rule went into effect, we only experienced one smoking neighbor. We called Guest Services. Someone came to talk to the family. They were unaware of the rule and didn't smoke on their cabin again.

I believe all smoking on Vista and Horizon is on the starboard side. Am I incorrect on this?

As for not letting it ruin my vacation, I have an allergy condition in which cigarette smoke causes my throat to become very irritated and sore. Also, smoking on the balcony is a fire hazzard. And even if these were not an issue the smell is yuk.

On our family cruise last October on the Conquest, I reported a smoker on the balcony next to ours. Guest Services sent an officer to their room and they assured them that they weren't smoking. A few minutes later Guest Services called our room and said that if we smell smoke again to call them.

Of course the next morning...……….smoke. I called Guest Services and told them I saw a cigarette in a ladies hand through the divider. Within minutes we had two officers at our door who requested to look over the side of our balcony into theirs. Darn if they didn't see ashes on the floor. We never had a problem again.

Part of our traveling party was our 7 month old grandson, who stayed with us a couple of nights and sometimes during the day. Thank goodness Carnival was on top of the problem, because I would have had to take my grandson in tow and let them know their smoke was not welcome.