Carnival Pride. Help!

ladygal4.4

I've looked all over the forums and am struggling to find a good embarkation review for the Pride leaving from Baltimore (non-platinum please)

Also, do the washers and dryers take quarters or use the SnS card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've looked all over the forums and am struggling to find a good embarkation review for the Pride leaving from Baltimore (non-platinum please)

What kind of info are you looking for in the review?

We have sailed the Pride 4 times from Baltimore, once from Tampa.

Every embarkation has gone smoothly with the exception of the last one out of Baltimore. That one the line up was out of the terminal doors, I feel we were in line for at least 50 minutes before getting to check-in counter.

We typically relax and enjoy breakfast etc then don't arrive at the pier until closer to noon-1pm however (unless we're really bored). Always seems to be a smooth/steady process when we arrive AFTER boarding has begun.

Used laundry on the Legend but many years ago, was coin-op back then and pricey. Carnival usually has their $15/bag wash/fold laundry special during each cruise Ive been on.

I second what Don said. I have sailed on the Pride twice with #3 coming this December! Very smooth embarkation in Baltimore! Last year i was in line for maybe about 15 - 20 minutes before getting to check-in.

Can't help you with the laundry question as i have never done laundry on the ship.

From Carnival FAQ:

Self-Service Launderettes

Each ship has self-service launderettes located on the stateroom decks. There are 2 or 3 washers, 2 or 3 dryers, and 1 iron and ironing board in each launderette. The cost is $3.25 per washer load and $3.25 per dryer load. Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener at $1.50 per box.

• Coin-Operated Machines: On the following ships, the machines accept coins only; change can be obtained at the Guest Service Desk, if needed: Carnival Conquest, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Elation, Carnival Glory, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Sensation, Carnivlal Splendor, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor and Carnival Victory.
  • Cashless Machines: On the following ships, the machines are operated using the guest’s Sail & Sign card: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Legend, Carnival Pride, Carnival Spirit and Carnival Sunshine and Carnival Vista.

If you are driving pay cash for parking to save time waiting in the credit card line. We sailed on the Pride on 4/2/17 and we are Platinum but we had family traveling with us that was not. They had a report time of 12:30 and it took them about an hour to get on the ship.

From Carnival FAQ:

Self-Service Launderettes

Each ship has self-service launderettes located on the stateroom decks. There are 2 or 3 washers, 2 or 3 dryers, and 1 iron and ironing board in each launderette. The cost is $3.25 per washer load and $3.25 per dryer load. Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener at $1.50 per box.

•  
  • Coin-Operated Machines: On the following ships, the machines accept coins only; change can be obtained at the Guest Service Desk, if needed: Carnival Conquest, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Elation, Carnival Glory, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Sensation, Carnivlal Splendor, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor and Carnival Victory.

• Cashless Machines: On the following ships, the machines are operated using the guest’s Sail & Sign card: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Legend, Carnival Pride, Carnival Spirit and Carnival Sunshine and Carnival Vista.

If you are driving pay cash for parking to save time waiting in the credit card line. We sailed on the Pride on 4/2/17 and we are Platinum but we had family traveling with us that was not. They had a report time of 12:30 and it took them about an hour to get on the ship.

Perfect! This is what I was looking for. Our time is also 12:30, but I've read of really bad lines then. So we'll just hope for the best.

And you're the 2nd person I heard say use cash to pay to park. I will definitely have that ready.

Concur with what JMAE said. Since Baltimore went to the staggered check in process, the length of time to board has been about an hour. First, you'll be in the line of traffic to get into the port. Then you'll be in line to drop off luggage with the porters (don't forget to tip those guys). Then the line to pay for parking...as has been mentioned, it's quicker if you pay cash (and even quicker if you have exact change). Then you'll get in line to go through security screening. This seems to take the longest, especially if you don't follow the rules and have "contraband" in your carry-on. After that will be the line to check in and get your S&S cards. Finally, you'll be herded into your boarding group to wait to actually get on the ship.

We sailed Pride October 2016 and had the 1130-1200 check-in slot. [Full disclosure, we were suite guests, so we had priority for all lines.] We didn't get to the port until noon, unfortunately. But the entire process I just described above, from waiting to get into the port until we set foot on the ship, took about an hour. Hope this helps!

Does anyone have experience with FTTF at Baltimore? Wondering what time we can check in if we purchase it. And good to know we will have access to an iron. I hate wearing wrinkled clothes and was curious what people do

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had FTTF for 2 prior cruises on the Pride and again this September. You can check in anytime you desire with FTTF. If you check in at the earliest time available you will board after Wedding parties, Diamond and Platinum guests.

Just got back today from the 4/9 sailing. Had a 12:30pm check in slot. Arrived at the port at 11:40am and was told they were not allowing anyone into the lot until 12pm. Drove 2 minutes down the road, stopped at a 711, filled up on gas and headed back at 12pm and went right into the luggage drop off line.

I read about the cash vs. credit lines prior to going too and was prepared with cash...and there was absolutely no difference in line at the time we were there. Can't speak for later in the day though. We ended up paying with credit, the husband loves those airline points, lol.

The security to check in was extremely fast and well done. Went from one line to another with short wait times. Got our boarding numbers and only sat 5 minutes before getting on the ship at 1:15pm.

Honestly, it was the easiest and fastest embarkation I have experienced. I would cruise out of Baltimore again in a heartbeat. Hope that helps and have a great vacation!

We were on the 4/9 sailing and had FTTF. I had read that there were issues with the parking lot emptying, so we left home and arrived about 12:20-12:25 pm to the port. We got into the line to drop off luggage and according to my pictures that was at 12:27 pm. We paid cash- exactly $105 and at that point, we passed ten or so other cars in the credit line. We parked and walked over to the terminal- lines were outside the building. They had issues keeping the lines for priority vs everyone else straight, so we ended up in the regular line for awhile- maybe 20 minutes or so? Once we cleared security, it was a minute or two to get to up to check in using the FTTF line. We walked right onto the ship- no waiting. My first ship picture was at 1:22pm down on deck 3 before we went to drop off our carry ons in the room (which was ready!). This was one of the easiest embarkations we've had, even with the line confusion.