Phuket and Siem Reap before cruise?

aharris0614

Cruising next year HKG to SIN (14 nights). Looking at flying from NYC to Phuket (connects in HKG) for 3 nights, then to Siem Reap for 3 nights before going back to HKG for the cruise. Too much moving around do you think? Phuket (Karon Beach area) mainly for some down time before Siem Reap and then the cruise.

How about doing that Phuket and Siem Reap at the end of the cruise when you disembark in Singapore? Personally, I think it's just too much traveling from NY to HK to Southeast Asia then back to HK for the cruise which sails back to Southeast Asia again.

How about doing that Phuket and Siem Reap at the end of the cruise when you disembark in Singapore? Personally, I think it's just too much traveling from NY to HK to Southeast Asia then back to HK for the cruise which sails back to Southeast Asia again.

Thanks ROCruiser - you are probably right, buy my schedule only permits adding on time before the cruise, and not after. And no matter where I go I'd have to go through HKG first because I am flying on miles (Cathay Pacific).

Phuket and Siem Reap are both great places. Angkor Wat is mind blowing. We actually like to have some r&r before a cruise....so that we are fit enough to battle the buffet crowds! In fact, we are staying at Karon Beach in June....just before our cruise back to Australia from Singapore...so I say go for it !

Phuket and Siem Reap are both great places. Angkor Wat is mind blowing. We actually like to have some r&r before a cruise....so that we are fit enough to battle the buffet crowds! In fact, we are staying at Karon Beach in June....just before our cruise back to Australia from Singapore...so I say go for it !

Thanks Vozzie - where are you staying in Karon? I am still looking.