Forgot to mark "Do Not Upgrade"- a cautionary tale!

LidoLiz

I am looking at a Vista suite on an upcoming cruise. I WANT to be in the aft of the ship as I WANT the wake noise.

The only upgrade from here would be a Penthouse or Owners suite right?

I don't want "upgraded" to a PH on the side of the ship. Really, really want that aft noise.

What is the likelihood of an upgrade I don't really want?

Do I need to contact Princess about "no upgrade" or will they just laugh at me?

What is the likelihood of an upgrade I don't really want?

Do I need to contact Princess about "no upgrade" or will they just laugh at me?

You can definitely call Princess and tell them exactly what you want. You can tell them any upgrade, that would give them the run of the ship. A specific area such as forward, middle or aft, or a meta upgrade, where you would be given a category different than you booked, such as from an inside to oceanview (except for Royal/Regal, where there are no oceanview) oceanview to balcony. If push comes to shove, perhaps a specific cabin....OR just tell them absolutely NO upgrades

Are you sure? I have never seen a Princess Inside with bunks in the ceiling.

I have been told ISLAND has bunks in the ceiling for it's Insides that hold 4. So, I presume CORAL does as well. IDK about other ships with them in ceilings, but I do know Grand Class and even Royal Class has them on the walls.

Like a poster above figures, I suspect also that a GTY Inside assignment is often going to be one of those bunk cabins as most people don't want them. And I mean a late cabin assignment. If you happen to get it early while still more for sale, you can always move if they give you one of them.

The OP would have theoretically had a better cabin if the new one was for 2 people.

The thing is about "better", it is definitely in the eye of the cruiser as some people like front, some aft, some in the middle, some way up high, some like the lower decks. SO, it is important to mark the booking because Princess' idea of an upgrade may not be yours. Technically, ANY cabin in a higher letter category is an upgrade to them. And they don't downgrade the noisy cabins much.

I know we are taking a risk on our next cruise with a GTY Inside for the first 23 days, so we shall see. It's going to be a late assignment as the voyage is sold out. Anyway, we know it's a lottery so we spun the dial and are waiting to see where it lands.

I am thinking the best GTY is a low Balcony.

On another booking, we have a specific IA selected, so the only way up is to a Balcony (no OV on Royal Class). Of course it could be obstructed or in a poor location, but no bunks on the walls. I think we will mark it no upgrade.