Port Canaveral Parking

67bella

That's up to you and depends in part on whatever specials are available at the time of your cruise.

Most convenient and totally safe is in the parking garage adjacent to the terminal. This is also the most expensive. Other options--there are private companies that offer parking. Some have locked, gated, lit lots and great shuttle services. Others are not nearly so good. These were great values when they started, but their prices increase at regular intervals. They are not nearly as good a deal as they used to be. Some have discounts for on line booking in advance, older people, veterans, etc. You have to check out each company.

Some hotels have large parking lots and offer cruise parking...some free, some for a fee. They may or may not include a shuttle to the port. The lot may be gated, lighted, etc...or they may just be a parking space with no regular patrolling or fencing.

There have been times when area hotels were issuing coupons for a discount on terminal garage parking....I haven't heard of any of these lately. terminal costs.

I would price the private lots like "Park and Cruise" and then decide whether the price difference between that and the terminal garage was "worth it." This is an excellent company with a fenced, gated lot, lights at night, and a good shuttle system. I can't tell you what their current price is of how it compares to the terminal costs.

https://parkcruise.com/

http://parkportcanaveral.com/

and http://www.lotsofhonor.com/ ::::: this one needs some explaining ..... L of H has 'sublet' some spaces at Park and Cruise and sells them at a lower price. Book here and you get the same shuttle service as Park and Cruise at lower cost (as I compare today) ..... IF you book b4 their limited number of spaces are gone ....

at one time the port was issuing coupons for lower cost parking IN their lots at the port if you stayed at certain hotels ..... they are no longer as concerned about trying to drive the off site spaces out of business and stopped this coupon program.

The parking garage at the terminal is totally worth the money. You pull up in an orderly fashion, a porter unloads your vehicle, and then you park, cross the street and are there. Honestly one of the most organized cruise port I have been to.

We agree with this. Everything is on your schedule - no waiting for shuttles either direction. Plus you're in a covered garage.

• 1 month later...

My wife and I plan on driving down the day before and stay overnight in the Radisson which is next to Park Port Canaveral. From the descriptions given online from the parking services, the traffic and parking at the port is bad but I realize it's probably a scare tactic to convince you to use their services. So I would like information/opinions from those who have used the port parking, specifically for Royal Caribbean. Are the traffic claims overblown? If I spend the night at the Radisson, what would be the best time to drive over to the RC parking garage? What is the earliest RC begins checking in passengers? What is the earliest time RC allows passengers on the ship? Since my wife and I are staying in a suite will our luggage be placed in our room sooner as a perk? [i ask these questions because the only frame of reference I have was a 2015 "cruise from hell" out of Jacksonville onboard a ship known as "Fascination".]

Are the traffic claims overblown?

around here, waiting for a second cycle of a traffic light results in letters to the editor about the terrible traffic .... I live minutes from the port

I park at Park n Cruise when I cruise