When does Port Information get uploaded?

gospelle

Our cruise out of Vancouver is 13 days away and the port information section on the booking is still empty. I know Vancouver has two port areas, Canada Place and also sometimes in the more industrial area further down the inlet. Need to know so I can plan on accommodation/travel to the ship. Anyone know when that info is uploaded to the booking?

I believe that NCL is the only cruise line that uses that alternative pier rather than Canada Place.

I both embarked and disembarked in Vancouver earlier this year and no port information ever loaded into either cruise's personalizer. Which honestly is no less useful than the threadbare info Princess does supply for other turnaround ports.

I believe that NCL is the only cruise line that uses that alternative pier rather than Canada Place.

I both embarked and disembarked in Vancouver earlier this year and no port information ever loaded into either cruise's personalizer. Which honestly is no less useful than the threadbare info Princess does supply for other turnaround ports.

I personally embarked a few years back in the industrial area on a Royal Caribbean ship. I also lived in North Vancouver for a year with a view of the ships and it seemed like all sorts of lines would dock there from time to time.

Odd that no information would be posted to the cruise personalizer. I mean, there's a spot for "departure pier" there and on the boarding pass. grrrr

There's only one pier in Vancouver, and has been for 4 cruise seasons now. Ballantyne was closed to cruise traffic to enable the expansion of CENTERM - the Central Container Terminal - after the 2014 season ended. This was also when Canada Place began having work done to streamline flow of passengers (dis)embarking and enable 4 ships to be ported simultaneously rather than 3.

So the good news is, no chance of going to the wrong pier in Vancouver! Every possible berth is all part of the same large building, with the same entrance. Just be careful on any day with 2+ ships, especially 2+ from the same line, that your bags go to the correct place. Personally I always walk ours right over to the conveyor that goes to our ship and physically hand the bag to the Longshoremen running it. Throwing it into one of the mobile 'cages' full of bags adds a small risk of your bag ending up on the wrong vessel due to the extra handling stage.

There's only one pier in Vancouver, and has been for 4 cruise seasons now. Ballantyne was closed to cruise traffic to enable the expansion of CENTERM - the Central Container Terminal - after the 2014 season ended. This was also when Canada Place began having work done to streamline flow of passengers (dis)embarking and enable 4 ships to be ported simultaneously rather than 3.

So the good news is, no chance of going to the wrong pier in Vancouver! Every possible berth is all part of the same large building, with the same entrance. Just be careful on any day with 2+ ships, especially 2+ from the same line, that your bags go to the correct place. Personally I always walk ours right over to the conveyor that goes to our ship and physically hand the bag to the Longshoremen running it. Throwing it into one of the mobile 'cages' full of bags adds a small risk of your bag ending up on the wrong vessel due to the extra handling stage.

Ah, good to know. Thanks. As for baggage, we always just carry on, so no issue there.