QUICK! Your Favorite Specialty Restaurant on the GETAWAY.... GO!

slightlysilly

We were on the Getaway a couple of weeks ago (Baltic and transatlantic) and found that Ocean Blue was by far the best specialty restaurant on board. Of course, it's subjective but if you like fish and seafood I would recommend it for food, service and atmosphere. If you're on the UDP pkg it'll cost you an additional surcharge of $15 a person but it's well worth it. You can read my full/long review of the cruise here https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2562302

Trying to pick a specialty restaurant for a date night on the Getaway. Help!

If you want to impress a date and/or have a good time, then ask your date where THEY want to dine. Let THEM pick the restaurant. You'll end up with a much better experience than you will if strangers on the Internet pick the restaurant for you.

On the Getaway this past January. 1. Cagney's 2. Ocean Blue (even though I had an allergic reaction from the Stone Crab Claws, we think) and 3. Moderno. Going back the same way this coming January and doing the same restaurants in a slightly different order (and no crab claws this time). LOL

If you want to impress a date and/or have a good time, then ask your date where THEY want to dine. Let THEM pick the restaurant. You'll end up with a much better experience than you will if strangers on the Internet pick the restaurant for you.

That’s what I ended up doing and he picked La Cucina. The only restaurant that isn’t listed here. [emoji15]. Oh well, I kind of knew that was coming as he’s a big Italian food fan. Date nights are always fun no matter the venue, I was just wondering if there was an overwhelming favorite that we must try.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums