Where to buy/how much to pay for Cuban cigars?

mz-s

Now that Cubans are legal to import into the USA, I'd like to buy a few on my next trip to Nassau.

I saw folks selling them on the street when we were there last month, but didn't buy any as I didn't want to smoke it on the ship and didn't know for sure if they were legal to import. Now that I know they are - where do you go, and how much do you pay, for your Cubans in Nassau?

I would recommend a quality distributor such as La Casa Del Habano. Make sure to check their website as there are many illegal locations.

Do not buy them on the street and please do not buy any with a glass top. Other than that, do a little homework on how to spot fakes and it you are getting a great deal, they are probably fake.

I would recommend a quality distributor such as La Casa Del Habano. Make sure to check their website as there are many illegal locations.

Do not buy them on the street and please do not buy any with a glass top. Other than that, do a little homework on how to spot fakes and it you are getting a great deal, they are probably fake.

Thank you, you've given me some good pointers to further research for the next time we visit the Caribbean.

A good Cuban cigar is not cheap. For instance, expect to pay $30 plus for a Cohiba Siglo VI; anything less is a Faux-hiba! Also you could use the following website to verify authencity of a full box.

http://verificacion.habanos.com/

Gonz

Thank you Gonz. I am not sure what brand I'll buy, never been a cigar aficionado and am not planning on buying a whole box. Just want to pick up a few sticks while I'm in Nassau to bring back home and try out. Maybe I'd be better off visiting a local cigar shop and buying a few there instead.