Carnival Miracle - Traveling with Young Kids

kevin4pokes

So my wife and I will taking our two girls with us on a cruise for the first time. They are 3 and 6.

We've been on multiple cruises but this is the first time with kids so any advice would really be helpful.

Couple of questions:

• How does dining in the main dining room work with kids? Do they have their own menu?

• How does Camp Carnival work? Is there a cost? Any suggestions on how to use this service?

• Should we bring a stroller for our 3 year old? She doesn't normally use one. But it might be helpful to keep her contained.

• Any other suggestions? Dos and Don'ts?

There is a kids menu, typical kid stuff. They - and you - can order off both. Adults often order the banana split for dessert.

Camp Carnival/Ocean is free until 10pm, when there is an hourly charge.

Does you 3 y/o do well when you go to a mall? Ships are huge, lots of walking, even more when you go ashore.

EM

We just got off the Imagination with our 3 year old son. This was his 3rd cruise. The camp is great if they are 3 or older. It does not cost a thing unitl 10 P.M. After that there is a charge till 1 a.m. The camp will give you a cell phone to use. Actually this cell phone was great to call cabins and departments on the ship.

The menu for the kids is typical fare. Although my son wanted mac and cheese and the chef made a huge bowl of it for him. Really, the dining rooms will do whatever you would like to make everyone happy.

I would take a fold down umbrella stroller. It will be so helpful at ports, as well as on the ship.

Also, if you get a roll away bed in your cabin, you can ask for it to stay flat, so the 3 year old can feel safer.