Carnival Victory Aft-View Extended Balcony Question

Adc430

So I'm planning a trip within the next month or so and wanted to do something different. We are usual balcony cruisers and I saw the Victory has some Aft View extended balcony's on the back of the ship. We are looking at the 8th floor and was curious about the engine noise. Is there any noise or anything I could expect that may lead me to not get the aft and just stick with my normal balcony? (also looking to doing the front balcony on the 10th floor, usually do something in the middle)

Those rooms are all wonderful. No engine noise or anything to worry about. We have stayed in them multiple times. Best place on the ship!

Front balconies by comparison are incredibly windy when the ship is underway. I tend to avoid those.

Edited by TrinaLC

• 1 month later...

We love the Aft-View Extended Balconies, and have stayed in them several times. There is no problem with engine noise, but Deck 8 is just below the Lido Deck, so you could expect to hear noise from the deck chairs being moved just above you.

• 1 month later...

We just got off the Victory yesterday and were in an aft balcony room, 7429. It wasn't extended, but the extended balcony was right next to us and looks like they had an extra foot or so of space, so it was wider than ours. We didn't hear any substantial engine noise. However, when the boat is docking or leaving a port, you can feel some vibration, but it's not a big deal.

• 1 month later...

We recently booked a cruise for October for our 2 year anniversary on the Victory going to the Bahamas we'll be in the Aft Extended Balcony room 8434 which is as close to the middle of the rear as you can get. We're excited about this being our first cruise together (my first ever cruise, the wife's second). We're picturing relaxing on the balcony hearing and seeing the ships wake, the smell of the sea, and spectacular sunrise/sunsets. Was wondering about engine noise myself as well as if the sound of the wake wake would be loud.

Been a few years but we had one on deck 7 and I don't recall any extensive noise. I'd agree there's some vibration when you get into/leave port but that's it. If it's an early port arrival it may wake you up but otherwise no complaints. Can't beat that aft wake view!

We just got off the Victory yesterday and were in an aft balcony room, 7429. It wasn't extended, but the extended balcony was right next to us and looks like they had an extra foot or so of space, so it was wider than ours. We didn't hear any substantial engine noise. However, when the boat is docking or leaving a port, you can feel some vibration, but it's not a big deal.

7429 is an aft balcony extended room. 7427 next to it is slightly wider (maybe 1 or 2 feet), but is sold as the same category and same pricing. 7425 on the corner is sold as a "premium vista cabin", and is the type of cabin commonly known as the aft wrap on these boards.