Post Cruise/Pre-flight

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:46 AM.
129 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Our flight home isn't until 6:15pm. Our group of 6 really would hate to waste a day at the airport. We looked at advance check in but that is going to be well over $200 just to take our luggage to the airport. Any suggestions? Any place to store the luggage? Are there any city tours that would carry our luggage along with us? TYIA
Shetland Isles
120 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
I was going to enquire about the same, but found this post, our flight home isn’t until 8pm and it will be the middle of December. Any suggestions welcomed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Portland, OR
471 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
If you have a pre-cruise hotel, you can call and ask if they will store bags after the cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruises:
March 2008 - Western Caribbean - Grand Princess
December 2008 - Baja Mexico - Carnival Elation
April 2009 - Mexican Riviera detoured to San Francisco - Mariner of the Seas
March 2011 - Spring Break on the NCL Star to Mexican Riviera
Feb 2012 - Eastern/Southern Caribbean - NCL Dawn
August 2014 - Alaska - NCL Jewel
November 2015 - Western Caribbean - Emerald Princess
March 2018 - Western Caribbean - NCL Pearl
June 2018 - Alaska - HAL Eurodam
Shetland Isles
120 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Thanks but we are disembarking in the morning and flying out the same evening so won’t have a hotel.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DE
299 Posts
Joined May 2008
Depending on your cruise line , it may have an excursion that tours the city and buses you to the airport . The luggage would be stored on the bus until it transports you to the airport .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Delaware URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]
Portland, OR
471 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by shorehaven
Thanks but we are disembarking in the morning and flying out the same evening so won’t have a hotel.
Sometimes your Pre-Cruise Hotel will let you store your bags Post-Cruise even if you are not staying there Post-Cruise and only need to store bags for the day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruises:
March 2008 - Western Caribbean - Grand Princess
December 2008 - Baja Mexico - Carnival Elation
April 2009 - Mexican Riviera detoured to San Francisco - Mariner of the Seas
March 2011 - Spring Break on the NCL Star to Mexican Riviera
Feb 2012 - Eastern/Southern Caribbean - NCL Dawn
August 2014 - Alaska - NCL Jewel
November 2015 - Western Caribbean - Emerald Princess
March 2018 - Western Caribbean - NCL Pearl
June 2018 - Alaska - HAL Eurodam
Eagle, ID
34 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
We are in a similar situation for next month. Our flight leaves at 4pm. I ended up booking a minivan to pickup near the port, that way we have somewhere to put our luggage plus have transportation to the airport. It was under $100 for a 9am pickup and 3pm drop-off at the airport.
California
1,986 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
We rented a car from the city area ( took cab to rental office) and used the car to store luggage and toured some plantations for our 8pm flight. Depending on how many people this may be cheaper then just the luggage storage, but it doesn’t work as well to stay in New Orleans because of the high parking fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Sacramento Area, CA
732 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by bearette
We rented a car from the city area ( took cab to rental office) and used the car to store luggage and toured some plantations for our 8pm flight. Depending on how many people this may be cheaper then just the luggage storage, but it doesn’t work as well to stay in New Orleans because of the high parking fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Who did you use for rental car?

I cant find info on "one way" rentals, some places allow it, some don't. We are having same issue, very late flight 8pm on the Sunday we return, was thinking a car rental would be perfect solution. To clarify: "one way" rental I mean, rent from an office in downtown and return at the airport.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Valor (San Juan) January 26, 2014 - Southern Carribean (Best. Cruise. Ever).
Carnival Dream (Orlando) May 25, 2013 - Exotic Western
Carnival Splendor (Long Beach) January 8, 2012 - Mexican Riviera
Carnival Splendor (Long Beach) May 8, 2011 - Mexican Riviera
Carnival Conquest (Galveston) May 9, 2010 - Western Carribean
Carnival Legend (Tampa) May 10 2009 - Western Carribean
Carnival Pride (Long Beach) May 16, 2004 - Mexican Riviera
Eagle, ID
34 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Originally posted by sbnuggie
Who did you use for rental car?

I cant find info on "one way" rentals, some places allow it, some don't. We are having same issue, very late flight 8pm on the Sunday we return, was thinking a car rental would be perfect solution. To clarify: "one way" rental I mean, rent from an office in downtown and return at the airport.
We did this earlier this month. We used Avis. Very convenient location you can walk to from cruise terminal.