Celebrity Edge Dec 16, 2018

RMS Olympic

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

My partner (Michael) and I have booked on this cruise while we did the Rio Carnaval cruise on Celebrity Infinity in February of this year. We understand that Pied Piper have already booked quite a number of people on this cruise. So, there will likely be a pretty big LGBT presence. We are very excited about this new ship. Looking forward to meeting everyone from this Roll Call on board.

--Terry

• 3 months later...
Based on construction photos it looks like it's going to be done on time (if not early?) The countdown in on! Anyone know how big the pied piper contingent is?

I have seen some of the construction photos on another thread. They have 5 more months. I do know that Celebrity canceled the November preview sailings - but the Dec. preview sailings are still on. I'm not booked thru Pied Piper. Is that a good group?

Hi, All—

Michael and I were with Pied Piper for our Celebrity Rio Carnivale Cruise earlier this year. In fact, we booked the upcoming cruise on the Edge while on the Rio cruise. We were told by the staffer from Pied Piper who was with us that between 200 to 300 had already signed up for our cruise on the Edge at that time. Of course, that number will change (up or down) when the time comes closer. It was our first experience with Pied Piper. The advantage was that we had some private receptions, a bridge tour, and a backstage tour (with some of the gay performers). We, however, did not find them very attentive in terms of servicing our booking prior to the cruise - such as not hearing from them at all until it was close to cruise time and they wanted us to pay up the balance. We have signed up with them this time but we generally go through our TA.

We will be in Aqua Class on Level 9 on the Edge. It sounds like that there are others from this Board who will be doing the same. Keep us posted.

—Terry

• 1 month later...
anyone else going on the inaugural? The tux will have to come out of retirement for this cruise🤓

Hello RMS - I am not booked for any Edge sailings as yet. I'm holding out to hear reports from other cruisers once they have sailed. I hope you do some sort of reporting and look forward to reading your thoughts. Enjoy your cruise!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We'll be onboard. Are you getting excited yet? I can hardly wait to see this ship!

Check out this sneak peek; https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8867https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8867

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/celebrity-edge-cruise-ship/index.html

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A favor to ask... My group is on the Jan 13 sailing of the Edge. When you get back could someone post or email me ( bill_bob_dc@yahoo.com ) where the LGBT get together was held on your cruise and if it worked well there. For our cruise in October the LGBT get together was in the Martini Bar and it was so overcrowded with non LGBT cruisers it really didn't work well. I think it would have worked better at any other bar that was not as crowded. Thanks...

We'll be onboard this Sunday too... have been watching the build all along, and now reading reviews!  Looks to be an incredible adventure.  We booked with Pied Piper, have done several other cruises with them.  It's always a fun group. 

I'm guessing the Martini Bar will again be the place to be.  We usually do Aqua (for Blu), but are in a Concierge cabin this time, right near the Magic Carpet on 12.  Should be fun.   

Lots of negative comments so far from current cruisers, but also some very good reactions overall.  Hope to try a couple of the main dining rooms, and we're booked one night for dinner in Eden. See everyone soon!  -Ray 😉

19 hours ago, RaynJeffnOhio said:

We'll be onboard this Sunday too... have been watching the build all along, and now reading reviews!  Looks to be an incredible adventure.  We booked with Pied Piper, have done several other cruises with them.  It's always a fun group. 

I'm guessing the Martini Bar will again be the place to be.  We usually do Aqua (for Blu), but are in a Concierge cabin this time, right near the Magic Carpet on 12.  Should be fun.   

Lots of negative comments so far from current cruisers, but also some very good reactions overall.  Hope to try a couple of the main dining rooms, and we're booked one night for dinner in Eden. See everyone soon!  -Ray 😉

RaynJeffnOhio--

Looking forward to meeting you guys at the Pied Pipers events on board - if not before.  

--Terry (and Michael)

• Like 1