Navigator App

HoogieNZ

I see on one of the recent threads someone had the Holland America Navigator app but i am not sure where to find it. When we cruise next year in April we are taking one of our cellphones but won't be signing up for Wifi so just wondering if it needs internet or whether it is bluetooth activated on the ship? Also is it available to use on both Samsung and Iphones/iPads?

We are going to be onboard for 22 nights so keen to see what the navigator offers. I think someone said you could get a timetable of the days events on it rather than carry the paper version around with you but i am be wrong.

Thanks in advance...

Kiwi Cruisers

They had it on the Veendam in October. You log on to the ship wifi and set it up using your phone (or laptop). You can see the events planned for the day, your account information and possibly your dining reservations in the pinnacle but not sure on the one.

I see on one of the recent threads someone had the Holland America Navigator app but i am not sure where to find it. When we cruise next year in April we are taking one of our cellphones but won't be signing up for Wifi so just wondering if it needs internet or whether it is bluetooth activated on the ship? Also is it available to use on both Samsung and Iphones/iPads?

We are going to be onboard for 22 nights so keen to see what the navigator offers. I think someone said you could get a timetable of the days events on it rather than carry the paper version around with you but i am be wrong.

Thanks in advance...

Kiwi Cruisers

It is not an APP, it is a web page on the ship's server. Any web enabled device can use it - phones, pads, laptops.

For a lot of discussion about it, please see this recent thread - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2565550

To add one thing, you do not have to pay for the ship's internet to use it. It is free to all passengers and it is wonderful not to carry your printed program around all day. You can also make dinner reservations at each of the reservations. Now if they would just give you the ability to text between passengers it would be perfect.

... but won't be signing up for Wifi so just wondering if it needs internet or whether it is bluetooth activated on the ship
Wifi is not synonymous with internet. You will be using ship's wifi to access a ship LAN page. That part is free. One of the options on that page is to then connect to paid internet.