Just Off Glory (6/9-6/16) Eastern Route

Lhound92

This was my 7th cruise (second Carnival) and my boyfriend’s second. We sailed on the Victory for NYE this past year and had a great time so we decided to go back in the summer. We had an absolute blast and are so sad it’s over!Thought I would just touch on a few things

Embarkation:

Wow I thought our 22 minute embarkation on the Victory from drop off to boarding the ship was quick, this time it only took 13 minutes! Our boarding time was 1-1:30 and it worked out perfectly. I liked how our room was ready when we boarded

Lido Buffet:

Breakfast was good, lunch and dinner were meh. Our embarkation day lunch was especially disappointing, but there are so many other options besides the buffet it didn’t impact our cruise negatively

Stateroom:

We were in 7252, a forward port inside and it was fine suited our needs perfectly. There was plenty of storage which I appreciate One thing I was worried about was the temperature, I have read several reports about how hot the staterooms on the Glory were and thankfully we had no issues, in fact sometimes I was actually too cold. However one night I believe night 4 ( Puerto Rico on the Eastern Itinerary) the starboard forward side had lost power (or just air conditioning, I’m not so sure) for about 40 minutes

Ebony Cabernet

This is where the Punchliner Comedy Club was, first day we were able to get great seats not too long before showtime as the week went on people started getting there earlier and earlier so we did the same. We went to all 12 of the adult shows, Tuesday (PR day) there was no shoes as the comedians were being switched out. Side note it was always FREEZING in there. The public spaces on aft deck 5 seemed to always be coldest places in the ship. One thing I didn’t like was there was always like an hour and a half in between shows, why not just do them back to back?

Serenity/ Pools

We love the serenity deck and spend a lot of time there and the aft pool as that is adults only. We saw lots of chair hogs but we never had a problem finding 2 chairs next to each other. We never hung out at the main pool as it was always filled with kids and we would prefer adults only. Word of caution the decks do get extremely HOT. Wear your flip flops and keep them at the edge of the pools or wear water shoes in the pools

Main Dining Room

We had YTD and ate in the MDR 4 out of the 7 nights. BF tried some different appetizers and ended up not liking them but that’s why a cruise is all about! There was one main dish (corn meal crusted chicken) I did not care for, my chicken tasted rubbery but we enjoyed everything else. And yes baked Alaska is back, it was on the dessert menu on our last day

Other Food Options:

Loved the Blue Iguana Cantina & Guys Burgers. Didn’t have a burger until the last day and I’m disappointed I didn’t have one sooner! We also ate dinner twice Seafood Shack, we fell in love with it on the Victory And find it well worth the additional charges. The deli always had a long line, BF had it a few times and liked it but I didn’t try it. 24 hour pizza was great, I was nervous as I am picky about pizza but I liked it

Internet

I had read about how horrible the WiFi is, but I purchased the social network package anyways. Yea it wasn’t good, so I purchased the next package (I’m drawing a blank on the name) that somehow worked even worse than the SM package so I went to guest services and the lady assured me they weren’t having problems with the internet, I told her I didn’t understand why I was paying for internet when I can’t use it! So she played around on my phone and when she saw it did In fact not work issued me a refund

Grand Turk

We didn’t do much, spent a bit of time at the beach and walked around and went back on board to enjoy an empty ship

San Juan

Boy it was a hot one today! We walked to Fort San Cristóbal, admission is only $7 a person and we enjoyed it. After wards we wandered the streets& grabbed a late lunch

St Thomas

Here we did the Fast Cat to Turtle Cove and had a great time snorkeling. We saw sea turtles, rays, hundreds of fish and some people even saw a shark. After snorkeling at the cove we were taken to Honeymoon Beach where we were given endless rum punch from the catamaran crew (this may have something to do with me leaving his phone on the beach. Oops. ) there was food for sale on the island but prices were outrageous

Amber Cove

Again we didn’t do much here. We did zip line and walk around and enjoyed the pool a bit but it was so packed (and tons of kids) we decided to just go back and enjoy the empty aft pool. We decided we should have booked an excursion or gotten away from the port area, oh well you live and you learn

Like I said we had a great cruise, the Glory is a great ship! The crew was amazing, never came across one without a smile on their faces. As I’m typing this For some reason I’m getting notifications from the Hub app and it’s making me sad [emoji24] definitely will be cruising with Carnival again! If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the review. My family and I are boarding the Glory this Saturday, and we also have a boarding time at 1:00PM, so thanks for the heads up on the embarkation timeframe.

Ok gonna attempt to add some pictures

Our pre cruise hotel, Eurostar Langford Miami

67667084f17c4d071ff5e5775c5406f2.jpg

Roof top bar

7cb94bde311b692f24781a71dca6f886.jpg

Finally onboard the Glory!

656c70d0241d8dfb9e31c8779a99b16b.jpg

Sail away

55070d9ecf6254a16545dfab304806c4.jpg

ed574b635c685ae0deed2e910bae587f.jpg

Obligatory ship pic in GT

4317b97ab53d8f6fb53a737f6f911d94.jpg

Interesting review and really nice pictures. Thanks for posting.

Thinking of booking another cruise?

I am! Probably won’t cruise again until next summer but I like the Magic’s 8 day itinerary out of Fort Lauderdale

Thanks for the pictures and the nice review.

I have found the inside and ocean view rooms to be on the cooler side than the balconies. Though I still like a balcony when it works out for us.

Glad to hear you really enjoyed your cruise....they just go by so fast! My favorites are the 8 day or longer cruises.

Thanks for the review and pictures, especially the one of Honeymoon Beach. We were on an Eastern sailing on Glory last April. Our excursion took us to Honeymoon Beach as well and we loved it. It was quiet, not too crowded, the sand was nice and clean, the water clear and warm. We had a great time there. I am very glad to see that the hurricane didn't completely wipe it out.