Empress Itinerary change - help with Coco Cay. Recent visitors?

Wrh2016

Our February 12, 2018 Empress sailing changed itineraries and is now going to Coco Cay instead of Labadee. There seems to be a lot of different info on the new South Beach area on Coco Cay. We haven't been to Coco Cay before. Has anyone been there recently (last few months) and can you tell me about the bungalows and beds in South Beach? Some threads say the bungalows and beds get all the same amenities, including lunch delivered. I also read that maybe a buffet was added in that area, so lunch delivery is not necessary?

What are the main differences between the bungalows and beds (besides number of guests), if any? Thanks!!

I went the Coco Cay last year and we had a bungalow on the South Beach area. It was 4 of us and we loved it. We picked our lunch at guest services a day or two before hand. The food was great and the staff did a great job of keeping people out of the area and beach who did not have a bungalow.

That was year though and I know they are doing upgrades to the whole beach so I'm not sure how that will affect the bungalows.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Jarhead.! That is kind of what I have read, but then I also saw that they may/may not have added a buffet on South Beach. Wondering if this affects food delivery, and what the differences are between the bungalows and beds, besides the amount of people hey accommodate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our February 12, 2018 Empress sailing changed itineraries and is now going to Coco Cay instead of Labadee. There seems to be a lot of different info on the new South Beach area on Coco Cay. We haven't been to Coco Cay before. Has anyone been there recently (last few months) and can you tell me about the bungalows and beds in South Beach? Some threads say the bungalows and beds get all the same amenities, including lunch delivered. I also read that maybe a buffet was added in that area, so lunch delivery is not necessary?

What are the main differences between the bungalows and beds (besides number of guests), if any? Thanks!!

I can tell you about the beds on the southbeach area, I've done it twice in the last 12 months or so and it was a slightly different experience each time. First try to verify that you are the only ship there that day. On our first visit, I booked one of the beds ahead of time. I think at that time there was 10-12 of them.

beachbed.jpg

Above is my wife picking out #11 I believe this was Sept 2016. That day there were only 5 of these occupied. We had a great time thought it was worth it. Around 10:30am a crew member came around and took our lunch order from a menu. (Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the menu) There is also a nearby bar. You can use your drink packages there.

In 2017, I didn't reserve a bed until the day before as our cruise was questionable to even sail because of Hurricane Irma. That cruise I had to pick which bed I wanted the day before on the ship. All beach front ones were taken and we had to order what we wanted for lunch as well as when we wanted it.

They only missed a couple of things and we were able to get them easily enough. The people next to us however, asked for the 1pm delivery of lunch because they were ziplining at noon. All six of their lunches were delivered and sat in the sun after 11:30,

We had a great time and thought it was worthwhile.

lookingnorth.jpg

lookingsputh.jpg

Thanks Jarhead.! That is kind of what I have read, but then I also saw that they may/may not have added a buffet on South Beach. Wondering if this affects food delivery, and what the differences are between the bungalows and beds, besides the amount of people hey accommodate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not as of September 19th of this year. If you see this is true, come back and tell us.

Thanks