Weight loss goal of 60 pounds by Nov cruise

Lose Before You Cruise
A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:51 PM.
13 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
Hi, I am so glad this subforum exists! I just booked a carribean cruise and have been overweight far too long. This is going to be a reward for my weight loss, and the first time I've been in a swimsuit for years.

I started Keto in October and already have lost 30 pounds. I am sure by November I will be at my goal, and working on improving my fitness/muscular tone.

What are your goals?
Texas
1,320 Posts
Joined May 2013
Originally posted by Waywardspirit
Hi, I am so glad this subforum exists! I just booked a carribean cruise and have been overweight far too long. This is going to be a reward for my weight loss, and the first time I've been in a swimsuit for years.

I started Keto in October and already have lost 30 pounds. I am sure by November I will be at my goal, and working on improving my fitness/muscular tone.

What are your goals?
Just found this thread so hiiii!

I'm calling my weight loss journey Operation Beach Body. My goal is to lose 30 lbs before we sail in June. I have around 90 days so it's totally do able I think as long as I stick to my diet and exercise more.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Living Dat Cruise Life....
Boldly going forward, because I can't find reverse!

Sometimes the world seems against you. The journey can leave a scar. But scars can heal and reveal just where you are.

Mom to a kid with Asperger's (aka high functioning Autism)
Cruises:
Carnival Fascination June 2013
Carnival Triumph August 2013
Carnival Triumph June AND July 2014! WOOP WOOP!!
Carnival Freedom--Spring Break 2015
Carnival Magic--June 2015--Goodbye to Elementary Days cruise
Carnival Freedom--Jan 2016--A Winter Getaway
Carnival Freedom--Mar5--Spring Break 2016
Carnival Triumph--June 20, 2016--Summertime and the living is EAAAAAAAAASY!
Carnival Triumph-Spring Break 2017--N'Awlins here we come!
Carnival Breeze--June 2017--Goodbye Old Job, Hello New Job!
Carnival Breeze--June 2018--Goodbye Middle School, HELLOOOOO High School!

Next Cruise:
July 25, 2018--Surprise, surprise, surprise!!!

I like to play with sticks and string!
Where mah knittas at?

Unofficial Official Arts and Crafts Director

Member of the Cruise Director Jen fan club

Member of the Schwartz Fan Club--We U too!
Member of the Matey Fan Club--CHEEERIO!

Seattle, Washington
3,940 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
I have been concerned about my weight for over 60 years and handled it with varying degrees of success over time. I lost 9 pounds last fall and then turned around and gained them back as a result of a long cruise and lots of holiday parties and dinners. :-(

I started being careful again in mid January and have to date lost the 9 pounds once again. This time, I am determined to go all the way back to my old Weight Watchers goal weight, which is now 35 pounds away.

My 74th birthday is June 8th and I am hoping to be down another 15 pounds by that time. I am taking an extended family cruise in October and would like to hit my goal by that time, but will be happy if I am just down thirty additional pounds by that time.

Truth be told, I don't even know if my old WW goal is appropriate at this age. It was 12 pounds under the WW high goal at the time it was set and they have raised thei weight ranges since that time, so we will see.

For now, I am content to plug along losing one pound a week, working out regularly to keep myself toned. I tried on my old Miracle Suit yesterday and I really didn't look too bad for an old lady, but I hope to look a whole lot better when we sail to Cuba.

Waywardspirit, are you hoping to lose and additional 60 pounds before your cruise, or 60 pounds total?

I wish everyone success in taking control of their body!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Breathless with anticipation:

Celebrity Solstice 9/18 (Seattle to Vancouver) * RCCL Celebrity Majesty of the Seas 10/18 (Tampa to Cuba) * Constellation 4/19 (Singapore to Dubai)

Joyful memories

Celebrity Constellation 11/17 (Rome to Abu Dhabi) * Emerald Princess 6/17 (Alaska) * Celebrity Infinity 2/17 (Antarctica) * Diamond Princess 11/16 (Asia) * Queen Victoria 4/16. (Cape Town to Southampton) * Caribbean Princess 2/16 (Western Caribbean) * Ocean Princess 12/15 (Trans Atlantic), Queen Victoria 10/15 (Istanbul and Eastern Med) * Pacific Princess 5/15 (Pacific Coastal) * Golden Princess 5/15 (Pacific Coastal) * Queen Victoria 2/15 (South Pacific) * Queen Elizabeth 11/14 Mediterranean (Croatia)*Golden Princess 09/14 Pacific Coastal * Queen Victoria 08/14 Baltic (Russia) * Grand Princess 5/14 Pacific Coastal * Star Princess 5/14 Pacific Coastal * Island Princess 4/14 Panama Canal * Star Princess 12/13 Hawaii (Best cruise ever) * HAL Noordam 10/13 WB Transatlantic * Golden Princess 8/13 Alaska * Golden Princess 12/12 Hawaii *Sapphire Princess 10/12 California Coastal * Caribbean Princess 7/12 Scandinavia * Caribbean Princess 4/12 EB Transatlantic Crossing * HAL Amsterdam 9/11 Puget Sound * Star Princess 7/11 Mediterraean * Island Princess 5/11 SFO/YVR * Emerald Princess 12/10 Aruba * Coral Princess 9/10 Coastal * Golden Princess 6/10 Alaska * Celebrity Mercury 10/9 Puget Sound * Star Princess 9/09 Alaska * Golden Princess 9/09 Coastal * Golden Princess 6/09 Alaska * Star Princess 5/09 Coastal * Sapphire Princess 12/08 Mexico * Golden Princess 9/08, Repo * HAL Volendam 9/08, Repo * NCL Star 9/08 Repo * QM2 7/08, New England * Island Princess 5/08 Coastal * Coral Princess 5/08 * Diamond Princess 9/07 * Island Princess 5/07 * Golden Princess 5/07 * HAL Veendam 9/06, Repo * Dawn Princess 9/06 Coastal * Dawn Princess 5/06 Repo * Sapphire Princess 9/05 PacificCoastal * Island Princess 8/05 YVR/ANC
Philadelphia
78 Posts
Joined May 2010
I just found this thread, but I started a self-challenge at 80 days out from the cruise of staying 100% low carb & exercising 5 days a week. I'm now 19 days away from the cruise and I fit into all of my (much smaller) cruise clothes!! Hurray It can be difficult, but the results make it worth it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bridget & Armen
1,080 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Originally posted by bmwnurse
I just found this thread, but I started a self-challenge at 80 days out from the cruise of staying 100% low carb & exercising 5 days a week. I'm now 19 days away from the cruise and I fit into all of my (much smaller) cruise clothes!! Hurray It can be difficult, but the results make it worth it.
Congratulations!

I also just found this thread My goal is 25# loss by September 16. I haven't been doing too well, so it is slightly more than 1# per week. I joined a running group that starts this Saturday and hoping that will get my cardio back in gear.

Good luck everyone. There is a weekly weigh-in thread also for anyone who would like added accountability.