Residence Inn FLL Intracoastal/Il Lugano

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Florida Departures

Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami & Port Canaveral & Tampa
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:02 PM.
Atlanta
116 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Does anyone have any experience with this hotel for a pre-cruise stay? Our other option appears to be the Residence Inn Airport & Cruiseport.

I know this location doesn't offer airport transfers, but it seems there are more restaurants, etc. nearby when compared to the other location. How is the area?

Thanks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UK Fan
Miami - Ft. Lauderdale
2,044 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Originally posted by UK Fan
Does anyone have any experience with this hotel for a pre-cruise stay? Our other option appears to be the Residence Inn Airport & Cruiseport.

I know this location doesn't offer airport transfers, but it seems there are more restaurants, etc. nearby when compared to the other location. How is the area?

Thanks.
The area is great! The area is considered "North Beach". The hotel is right on the Intracoastal. The water taxi stop is next door at Bokampers, and there are 3-4 blocks of bars and restaurants within walking distance, as well as on the opposite side of the bridge. Beach access is 2 blocks away.
Atlanta
116 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by brunello22
The area is great! The area is considered "North Beach". The hotel is right on the Intracoastal. The water taxi stop is next door at Bokampers, and there are 3-4 blocks of bars and restaurants within walking distance, as well as on the opposite side of the bridge. Beach access is 2 blocks away.
Thanks so much for your feedback! The other RI doesn't appear to have much around it, so this looks like it's a great option!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UK Fan
Atlanta
116 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
After researching some more, the Renaissance near the port also has availability and similar pricing, however, its reviews are as good as the RI Intracoastal. Struggling a bit with this decision!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UK Fan
Miami - Ft. Lauderdale
2,044 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Originally posted by UK Fan
After researching some more, the Renaissance near the port also has availability and similar pricing, however, its reviews are as good as the RI Intracoastal. Struggling a bit with this decision!
I would go with the Il Lugano location! It is a far more interesting area than the 17th Street area. Just my opinion.
Atlanta
116 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by brunello22
I would go with the Il Lugano location! It is a far more interesting area than the 17th Street area. Just my opinion.
Thank you! I think s that's what I'll do!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UK Fan
Stanhope, Iowa,
211 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
Il Lugano! We stayed once pre-cruise. Best bell captain. Lots of good advice on bars and restaurants in the area. And great happy hours along water. Live music later in evening, all within walking distance. Interesting place as it is home to many people in their condos.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CCL Festivale 1-93
CCL Spirit 12-01
CCL Destiny 3-03
CCL Jubilee 1-04
HAL Oosterdam 1-05
CCL Glory 11-06
NCL Pride of America 12-08
Crown Princess 1-10
Island Princess 1-11
HAL Noordam 1-12
Emerald Princess 1-13
HAL Noordam 1-15
NCL Star 1-16
HAL Koningsdam 12-16
Regal Princess 12-17
Atlanta
116 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by mrbucky
Il Lugano! We stayed once pre-cruise. Best bell captain. Lots of good advice on bars and restaurants in the area. And great happy hours along water. Live music later in evening, all within walking distance. Interesting place as it is home to many people in their condos.
Thanks! I booked Il Lugano!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UK Fan