2011 Itineraries

Zimmy

We were looking at the newly announced itineraries for 2011, and the last two on the list, Amsterdam to Bordeaux and Bordeaux to Lisbon, looked interesting to us. I know that the other luxury lines, Seabourn & Silverseas, give a significant discount to passengers booking a back to back. Does anyone know whether Seadream does the same? We will be on Seadream I for New Year's and will investigate these itineraries further, but I was wondering if others have had experience with back to backs. Another of our concerns is that this will be the first time that Seadream is sailing to some of these ports, and sometimes a cruiseline's first visit to a port is not ideal - growing pains, Seadream's South American itineraries being a case in point. The June 8th sailing to the Norweigian ports also looked interesting, but I wonder whether the beginning of June is still a little too cold for this trip. On the other hand, the beginning of August might be awfully hot for the French & Spanish ports. I kind of wish that the dates for these two cruises were reversed.

I'm getting ready to do my 1st SeaDream so not sure about the back to back discounts.

Where did you see the 2011 itineraries listed? I've been on the lookout and have only seen through end of 2010 on their website. I'd love to look at their St. Pete schedules.

Thanks.

Where did you see the 2011 itineraries listed? .

Thanks.

They were in an email sent out to club members. Since this will be your first Seadream cruise, you are probably not yet on that email list. There were three cruises which included St Petersburg, an 11 night from Copenhagen to Stockholm on June 18th, a 10 night round trip Stockholm on June 29th, and a 12 night Stockholm to Amsterdam on July 18th. The ports look lovely. We have been on this itinerary on Oceania, but only stopped at the larger, well-known ports. In addition to those ports, these itineraries stop at places I am totally unfamiliar with - intriguing. If I had your email address I would forward this to you. I do not know how to cut and paste to put it on the boards. Maybe someone else can do that.

I know that the other luxury lines, Seabourn & Silverseas, give a significant discount to passengers booking a back to back. Does anyone know whether Seadream does the same?

haven't done a BtB, but have investigated - didn't retain my quotes but if I remember correctly, the discount is either 5% or 10% for the 2nd voyage - none on the first one. There is usually a discount when you book on board (right after the economic crash it was a wonderful 15%, but I think its returned to 5%) -- Mr. Avery, can you please advise when you are on board next week?

FT

We have been quoted the same discounts back to backs as each leg whenever we have requested from SD but have never booked one, it always sounds good until we start planning and we never seem to have the time.

We were in Scandanavia in June this past year (Helsinki and Stockholm), it was very pleasant, mid sixties during the day and brisk but quite nice at night as the sun stayed up until 11 or so, we did one boat trip to an island in the archipelago outside Stockholm and it was brilliant to be out on that water

Look forward to joining you on the New Year's voyage...this will be our third New Year's on SD and while it will take a lot to top the last two trips we will certainly give it a huge effort...

haven't done a BtB, but have investigated - didn't retain my quotes but if I remember correctly, the discount is either 5% or 10% for the 2nd voyage - none on the first one.

FT

That is anything but significant. I believe I have read that Seabourn's discount is something like 50% on the second cruise. But perhaps I'm mistaken. When I read it I was not considering back to backs and didn't pay that much attention.

We have been quoted the same discounts back to backs as each leg whenever we have requested from SD but have never booked one, it always sounds good until we start planning and we never seem to have the time.

Look forward to joining you on the New Year's voyage...this will be our third New Year's on SD and while it will take a lot to top the last two trips we will certainly give it a huge effort...

We also find taking the time difficult, and I must say I was shocked (pleased but shocked) when my husband suggested it. We'll see - it's early days yet.

Carlylecat, we are on Seadream I for New Year's. Which yacht are you on?

thanks for correcting -- glad my memory was off. I've been looking at BtoB from Athens to Istanbul -wish they stopped at different islands on each leg instead of retracing the same route. I know BtB are rare, so it doesn't make sense, but it would be the perfect two weeks with a little more variety.

haven't done a BtB, but have investigated - didn't retain my quotes but if I remember correctly, the discount is either 5% or 10% for the 2nd voyage - none on the first one. There is usually a discount when you book on board (right after the economic crash it was a wonderful 15%, but I think its returned to 5%) -- Mr. Avery, can you please advise when you are on board next week?

FT

Hi FT:

We are due onboard promptly at 2:00 PM Atlantic Standard Time on Sunday November 29th. (Week from Sunday!!!) In Philipsburg, ST. Maarten. Not too late for you to book this one too.:eek:

We were looking at the newly announced itineraries for 2011, and the last two on the list, Amsterdam to Bordeaux and Bordeaux to Lisbon, looked interesting to us. I know that the other luxury lines, Seabourn & Silverseas, give a significant discount to passengers booking a back to back. Does anyone know whether Seadream does the same? We will be on Seadream I for New Year's and will investigate these itineraries further, but I was wondering if others have had experience with back to backs. Another of our concerns is that this will be the first time that Seadream is sailing to some of these ports, and sometimes a cruiseline's first visit to a port is not ideal - growing pains, Seadream's South American itineraries being a case in point. The June 8th sailing to the Norweigian ports also looked interesting, but I wonder whether the beginning of June is still a little too cold for this trip. On the other hand, the beginning of August might be awfully hot for the French & Spanish ports. I kind of wish that the dates for these two cruises were reversed.

Possibly should start a new thread but, in light of the new interesting itineraries, what is your opinion (or anyone else's for that matter) of the SD twins suitability for these Northern routes given the normal air temperature levels and the sea state generally found in the Baltic, the North Sea, and English Channel??

Hi FT:

We are due onboard promptly at 2:00 PM Atlantic Standard Time on Sunday November 29th. (Week from Sunday!!!) In Philipsburg, ST. Maarten. Not too late for you to book this one too.:eek:

Yes it is because I can't get away that week and I want to go too!:(

I'm seriously looking at the late May 2011 Norway cruise -- seems to me SD sailed those climates when they were Sea Goddess? They sailed all over the world then.

You do get at least a 5% discount when you book a b2b -- and that is off the lowest fares, not the brochure rate. In Oct, they were still offering the 15% on board booking discount -- sure hope they are in January, as we're looking at a Sep 2010 Med cruise.

Wonder who the newest captain is :confused:

Vandrefalk

I'd be bit weary of SD in northern europe, although the itineraries do look awesome. The interior areas just aren't that great relative to the outside areas, so I think the ships really shine in 75-80 degree plus weather, not 50s and 60s. Of course, I'm reading about the great time people have had on the October Med sailings, so what do I know!? :confused:

I was on SD I Oct 18- 27 and the on board discount was still 15%. We booked Rome to Venice, Sept 11-19, 2010 with 4 ports in Croatia. We are also probably going to book the June 29, Stockholm to Stockholm cruise. Hopefully July will be the warmest weather in the Baltic!

The discount offered during the recent SD1 transatlantic was 15% for future bookings. Over 40 bookings were taken by Richard during the voyage.

Norway in June is really perfect weather, however like everywhere in the world, the weather is unpredictable these days. I can't imagine being on SD for a week of rain. The best spaces on the ship really are outside, and seeing the fiords from the windows of the awful salon just wouldn't cut it.

Always up for the new adventure on SD however, even if we are veterans of the infamous Mexican season.... It is a noble move for SD, perhaps in response to the requests for new itineraries, I hope it works out.

The discount offered during the recent SD1 transatlantic was 15% for future bookings. Over 40 bookings were taken by Richard during the voyage.

Norway in June is really perfect weather, however like everywhere in the world, the weather is unpredictable these days. I can't imagine being on SD for a week of rain. The best spaces on the ship really are outside, and seeing the fiords from the windows of the awful salon just wouldn't cut it.

Always up for the new adventure on SD however, even if we are veterans of the infamous Mexican season.... It is a noble move for SD, perhaps in response to the requests for new itineraries, I hope it works out.

Abenaki:

We, too were on the Mexican cruise. In fact the first one. We still think of that as our very best SD cruise. Wish they would consider the Sea of Cortez.

Jim.

I agree, the Amsterdam to Bordeaux trip looks fabulous. Will be considering joining you on that one.

J.

I agree, the Amsterdam to Bordeaux trip looks fabulous. Will be considering joining you on that one.

J.

We would love to meet you and Lois. We may be booking it when we are on the New Year's cruise. Some of these ports appear to be the type of places that are visited on a barge trip. We've been on a barge trip, and loved it, but Seadream would be better. Do you know if these trips are on I or II, and does it make a difference? We have been on I twice, and will be again next month, but have never sailed on II.

We would love to meet you and Lois. We may be booking it when we are on the New Year's cruise. Some of these ports appear to be the type of places that are visited on a barge trip. We've been on a barge trip, and loved it, but Seadream would be better. Do you know if these trips are on I or II, and does it make a difference? We have been on I twice, and will be again next month, but have never sailed on II.

There are a few very minor mechanical differences but for all practical purpose, they are identical. Certainly food, drink, and service is equal (IMHO) and we have enjoyed them both. Looking forward to SDII a week from this Sunday.:D

Zimmy:

The more I look into it, the better I like the Amsterdam voyage. Have some SeaDream friends from the Mexican trip that live in Rotterdam who have invited us to stay with them in the past. Might mooch a room. Have only seen the Normandy coast from Cherbourg so this would cover a lot of new ground. I always like planning the next SD cruise. Must have a plan.:D

Abenaki:

We, too were on the Mexican cruise. In fact the first one. We still think of that as our very best SD cruise. Wish they would consider the Sea of Cortez.

Jim.

Jim

We sailed towards the end of the Mexican season. Seems it had been difficult dealing with the Mexican authorities. The Splash was cancelled because they stopped food leaving the ship. Lots of bugs I seem to remember, didn't allow for much outside time either. The weather had apparently been bad all season, and we spent three days in Cozumel because the ship could never anchor where we were meant to be. Three minutes beside the mega ships in Cozumel is enough for me. Another day and a half was dockside in Peurto Morales.....

However, who should complain about a week with Sea Dream anywhere/anytime?

Archived