12/11-12/18 St. Thomas - St Thomas

Champagne Lady

:D What a wonderul voyage we had. I can not say enough about this entire experience. The Captain was the best (charming, personal and very kind) Christophe was wonderful (arranged for us to re-new our wedding vows with only 24 hours notice), Henk was extremely entertaining at all our meals (not to mention very professional). Jenki our steward was always concered about well being and comfort. Ahh the chef and bakery chef - our hats are off. Thanks so much for that Key Lime Pie and getting hubby to taste all new and wonderful flavours!!!!! The names go on and on.....

Only one slightly negagitive personalility (in our opionion) was Martin who seemed to be a bit full of himself and very upitity. He was always very curteous and professional but did not go out of his way to be hospitable (maybe it was just us).

When you cruise, don't forget the Crew Welfare fund and comment cards these are both very important to all of them. The fund is an excellent way to recognize sooo many people with funds that will be used well by all.

Glad to hear that you had a great trip. Having been on SD II just last month, your mentioning the names of the various crew members brought back some fond memories.

It is too bad that you didn't particularly enjoy your interaction with Martijn. He has always been one of our favorites and we thought last month that he was as capable, friendly and energetic as always if not more so.

Finally, I wholeheartedly concur with your comment about the Crew Welfare Fund. I have no idea how many passengers contribute but doing so is in my opinion the best way to recognize the overall incredible service rendered by the crew on the 2 SD ships.

Welcome back Champagne Lady ... although I bet like most of us you'd rather still be on SD:p

We were on the same cruise with Ctbjr ... and we found the crew to be wonderful. It brings a smile to our faces to hear about Chef Jes and his crew as well as Christophe, Henk, Martijn and the outstanding Capt. T!

Hope that you share your photos and trip report with us:D

Archived